Pushing Buttons vs Tapping pixels

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In regard to the interesting article titled, "Pushing Buttons vs Tapping Pixel..." located at the iMore Blog site via the following link,

http://tipb.com.feedsportal.com/c/3...els0Ethe0Egreat0Ekeyboard0Edebate/story01.htm

Here's my personal take on it. I was very fond of the Blackberry keyboards of old, specifically the 7200 series, and, to this day, I consider them to be the best ever made for a PIM/Smartphone. Although their later offerings were still very good, they didn't allow me the accuracy of the more nicely spaced keyboards of the 7200 series devices. Like others, I was fearful of changing to devices with virtual keyboard because I didn't think I could type on them as accurately as I could with hardware keyboards. Now, however, it's an after thought and I've become quite efficient with them. Heck, with today's virtual keyboards & the devices' excellent auto-correction capabilities, I cannot see myself giving up screen real estate or getting a bulky device just to have a hardware keyboard again. However, if Blackberry decided to make a retro device with today's technology, I'd buy one....;)...Anyway, what's your take on it? Don't be shy. Speak up...:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I never knew anything but a device like a BlackBerry with a hardware keyboard. Now that I have switched over to an iDevice like iPhone 4s and have the type of keyboard I am using now I am very use to it, get faster and more accurate with it over time and really enjoy it. That is my take.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya, and I feel the exact same way. Still, I cannot forget having what I consider the perfect keyboards as seen in the attached photo...:)

blackberry-7290-extralarge.jpg

Ahhhh, the good ol' days...:)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep. My palm keyboard was the best. I loved my centro and my ore. Just the right amount of gummy, and not too big or small.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I also was with BlackBerry, the only phones I used was, phones with hard keyboards. And never really gave to much thought to full touch screens. Till I came over to Apple and the IPhone . Best move I ever made. The hard keyboards have there use, but having the full screen to work with is a whole lot better.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I also was with BlackBerry, the only phones I used was, phones with hard keyboards. And never really gave to much thought to full touch screens. Till I came over to Apple and the IPhone . Best move I ever made. The hard keyboards have there use, but having the full screen to work with is a whole lot better.

Same here. I loved the physical keyboard on the 9930.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2