Moderator - Post approval?

iBloke

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: moderator?

Why can I post all day long on Android Central but have to be approved to post on this site?

My assumption would be based on what I've seen that android users (commonly called fandroids) only want to belittle the genuine users of iOS.
I have personally tried other operating systems for mobile products and genuinely DIG iOS as my preferred OS, with all it's baggage.

Android users seem to enjoy sh!tcanning those of us humans who like iOS. So maybe that is one of the reasons for your slow approval on this site.

I'm certainly not going to head over to you android site and sh!tcan your personal choice.

Each to their own...

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Each site has their own post count. While you post on AC all of the time, it takes a bit for your posts to automatically post here, where your post count is two. It'd be the same on CB, or WC, etc.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Yes right now until you reach 10 posts, all of your posts are being moderated before they are posted. As SeanHRCC and Laelipoo have said it's like a probationary period.
BTW Welcome to iMore :)

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site

My assumption would be based on what I've seen that android users (commonly called fandroids) only want to belittle the genuine users of iOS.
I have personally tried other operating systems for mobile products and genuinely DIG iOS as my preferred OS, with all it's baggage.

Android users seem to enjoy sh!tcanning those of us humans who like iOS. So maybe that is one of the reasons for your slow approval on this site.

I'm certainly not going to head over to you android site and sh!tcan your personal choice.

Each to their own...

sima down. some people can like BOTH OS's. I have been using iOS for 5+ years and love it. My S4 is one month old and for sale to go back to iPhone.
I work at apple and wanted to try android to see what it was all about.
it's a great OS. iOS is better imo.
People need to stop being so defensive over their phone OS choice, geez. its just a phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

sima down. some people can like BOTH OS's. I have been using iOS for 5+ years and love it. My S4 is one month old and for sale to go back to iPhone.
I work at apple and wanted to try android to see what it was all about.
it's a great OS. iOS is better imo.
People need to stop being so defensive over their phone OS choice, geez. its just a phone.

I agree, but could you not have simply asked your question without referencing a different site?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Gonna have to disagree with you here. Mentioning a sister site didn't warrant
that dumb reply in post #2.

We'll disagree sometimes, D. :)

(Laughing)....No problem and no harm, my friend....:D...You know me. I like playing devil's advocate from time to time. :)

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

(Laughing)....No problem and no harm, my friend....:D...You know me. I like playing devil's advocate from time to time. :)

The OP post wouldn't have made any sense without stating that though. He thought since he was a regular poster in one of the sister sites he was unsure why he was on probation here.

Without that info it wouldn't had made a whole lot of since.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

The OP post wouldn't have made any sense without stating that though. He thought since he was a regular poster in one of the sister sites he was unsure why he was on probation here.

Now don’t you go trying to confuse the issue with facts... :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Believe me, I get it....:)

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Slightly OT but I just wanted to add that being a mod in another forum, I very much appreciate what a delicate balance this is and how well this was handled.

Thank you. :)

PS: it makes up for the time I wasn't allowed to sell something without 50 posts here while I have 8k+ posts, and almost 11 years in the other forum - not an Android forum btw. :D

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad you all clarified. I'm new to the iPhone scene and new to the site and often wondered about the post approval

In a perfect world, it wouldn't be needed, and we wouldn't have to use it. Trust me, we all want that.

Let me know if you find that world though, because I would love some chocolate and bacon that were actually healthy for you ;)

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Why can I post all day long on Android Central but have to be approved to post on this site?

It's because you didn't start your post with "Mother may I ? Being a 1000 + poster on another Mac site and 300+ on CB, I felt a little frustration at first too.

How 'bout chocolate covered bacon? :D

Umm... I think I am going to order me some.

Vosges Mo's Dark and Milk Bacon and Chocolate Candy Bars and Library, Pancake Mix, Flying Pig, Bacon Eggs, Gifts - Mo's Milk Chocolate Bacon Bar

And hey, since its gluten free, it must be good for you. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen