New Mobile Nations Profile Popups Ready for Prime Time

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
A quick heads up for everyone today, as we've just finished pushing a new profile popup system to ALL of the Mobile Nations sites. This new feature is tied directly into your Passport account, so you'll want to take note of all the details.

To view the new profile popups, simply click on a username or avatar, and all will be revealed :)

The popup contains your username, and clearly shows the sites where you have an active account. You will also see your global post count (local post counts are still shown in the sidebar), and number of 'likes' and 'thanks' received. In addition, your location, device and carrier info can be found here.

For the heavy forum user, you will notice some changes. Your occupation and interest information has been replaced by a global 'bio' setting. Any local social links (links to your Facebook, G+, Twitter and Microsoft Accounts) will be found in the new profile popup, and are editable via Passport.

Other than that, most of your 'local' forum settings and options should remain the same.

We hope you enjoy this new feature. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know. We're here to help!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Does one even need to click? I see it on mouse-over...at least in some instances...

Edit: I was seeing it on mouse overs a bit ago... now, not so much... must have tweaked it. :)

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
edit forum user title, please and thank you

You can't edit your user title... however, you can add a 'mini bio' for yourself.

Click the cog wheel at the top right of the site, then 'Your Account'... and you should see the text entry field for 'mini bio'. Enter a short bio, 'save changes', and you're good :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
To view the new profile popups, simply click on a username or avatar, and all will be revealed :)

The popup contains your username, and clearly shows the sites where you have an active account. You will also see your global post count (local post counts are still shown in the sidebar), and number of 'likes' and 'thanks' received. In addition, your location, device and carrier info can be found here.

weird. when i use this method to look at my profile it shows that i joined in Sep 2012?? lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Nice work with this guys. I do have one question. Is there a way like before that I can keep when I last logged on private? Thanks.

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The popup pops down before I can get in and use it unless I move over in a very straight line...which doesn't happen when I'm aiming for instaban. Is there a timer on it?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Alli,

So as soon as you move your mouse the popup disappears? Is this still an issue? You might want to clear your cache and try again...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I normally have not had that issue, but I can see where Alli is talking about. In between the profile icon and the pop up box, the empty space.. If the mouse hit that it will go away. You have to move quick

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm. I see the space you guys are talking about, but the pop doesn't go away for me when I move the cursor over.

What browsers/versions are you both running?

skoenig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi John,

We actually have a specific timer for that when activated via hover. If you bridge the gap a bit quicker does it stay? I can move it closer but it won't look so neat then or I can increase the timer value but this might affect other clients. It seems like the timer isn't kicking in for you..

Can't seem to replicate on my FF 17.0.1, do you have any mouse gesture plugins that I might need to install?

~Steph

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for late reply, working good now. No mouse plug in, etc.

Well maybe most faster speed in settings, but as Alli mentions it's much better.

Hi John,

We actually have a specific timer for that when activated via hover. If you bridge the gap a bit quicker does it stay? I can move it closer but it won't look so neat then or I can increase the timer value but this might affect other clients. It seems like the timer isn't kicking in for you..

Can't seem to replicate on my FF 17.0.1, do you have any mouse gesture plugins that I might need to install?

~Steph

John,

Steph is going to adjust the timer to give us more time to slide over into the popup. This should address the issue nicely.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2