• errrrmmm...not sure...

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • please take part in the discussion below

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i dislike the new name... tipb was so catchy... imore just doesn't taste right. Its like that article Giz had one putting an "i" in front of stuff that doesn't belong to apple... its all crap. Call it like moreiphone.com lol... but imore... sounds like a bad apple product knock off.

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
As I started this thread i thought I should be the one who should share it I tweeted this to Georgia and Renne Georgia replied saying "oh no :0 i then told her to do what she wants this is just what we want

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
I don't mind iMore, although it reminds me of "BuyMore" from Chuck. :)

I'd have rather seen iOS Nation, to be more consistent with the sister sites, but ultimately I'm a guest here in Rene's house.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been following Tipb for some time, and am a member since very recently. I think iMore is a less confusing and more straight-forward name.

bravesfan007

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
To me it's not the end of the world if it's called this or something else. I'm just a person using and watching the site with no real interest in how it's run. The name alone won't keep me from coming back, but it also won't keep me visiting. I don't really care one way or the other.

seismik

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
The site is continuing to move in the wrong direction - I understand why as advertising ramps up and hits increase, etc. But tipb had style and soul back in it's early days. Sadly that is just about gone now. This site isn't unique in losing that, it is sadly a transition many websites go through.

Lose some advertising? Don't think you will, but you can make it less sneaky and clean up the blog style on the main page.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
yea....idk if they'd change it back. I think if we had hundreds of members posting here complaining they hate the new name, they may consider it--maybe ??? But as of now, according to the poll votes, only 27 have voted "hate it" so, thats not even a drop in the bucket at this point. Unless, people are going behind the scenes and sending emails about their disapproval.....

It doesnt really matter to me about the name change - i'll get use to it at some point i guess -- as long as i can come here to a friendly blog environment and post or find out info i may need--thats all that really matters to me:) If the site starts to change "personality" and become unfriendly/trolling/bashing, thats when i go somewhere else !!

It's as i suspected. The new name stays, no matter what people want. I don't think that it would matter if the "hate it" count was 27 or 2700. Just too much "i" for me. The poll was useless!:mad:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It's as i suspected. The new name stays, no matter what people want. I don't think that it would matter if the "hate it" count was 27 or 2700. Just too much "i" for me. The poll was useless!:mad:

well, grunt, as the saying goes "it is what it is" I'm getting used to the name now tho, and lets just say i'm happy at how well this forum holds together wtihout bashing/trolling etc.

i stopped in on CB yesterday without signing in, and WOW. just wow. the iphone section is starting to get over-run now too !! I stopped going there mid-Dec &. i'm always here now:)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
well, grunt, as the saying goes "it is what it is" I'm getting used to the name now tho, and lets just say i'm happy at how well this forum holds together wtihout bashing/trolling etc.

i stopped in on CB yesterday without signing in, and WOW. just wow. the iphone section is starting to get over-run now too !! I stopped going there mid-Dec &. i'm always here now:)

I'll keep on checking in, on these forums, but i've just about lost my taste for the iPhone4. The 4S doesn't impress me, and unless there's a big improvement in the next model, i'm moving on. My daughter and her fianc? spent a week at my house, and he brought his new phone with him. I was impressed with what he was able to do with his stock phone. It was like a jailbroken iPhone on steroids. The battery loss was acceptable to him, and he only has to charge it overnight. The iPhone5, or whatever it will be called, better really impress me, or i'll be using an HTC Vivid by the end of this year! :p

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'll keep on checking in, on these forums, but i've just about lost my taste for the iPhone4. The 4S doesn't impress me, and unless there's a big improvement in the next model, i'm moving on. My daughter and her fianc? spent a week at my house, and he brought his new phone with him. I was impressed with what he was able to do with his stock phone. It was like a jailbroken iPhone on steroids. The battery loss was acceptable to him, and he only has to charge it overnight. The iPhone5, or whatever it will be called, better really impress me, or i'll be using an HTC Vivid by the end of this year! :p

:)well grunt, you have to do what's going to make you happy and fit your needs as far as what device you use. I've always wanted an iPhone for years because I always liked how my iTouch and iPad functioned-so I'm extremely happy with my device & look forward to what Apple has to offer in the upcoming iPhones.

I actually did look at the HTC rhyme before I got my iPhone, just out of curiosity, and for me I wasn't crazy about the (an)droid device.

hopefully you'll still stop in here even if you decide to change devices, just to say hello:)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
:)well grunt, you have to do what's going to make you happy and fit your needs as far as what device you use. I've always wanted an iPhone for years because I always liked how my iTouch and iPad functioned-so I'm extremely happy with my device & look forward to what Apple has to offer in the upcoming iPhones.

I actually did look at the HTC rhyme before I got my iPhone, just out of curiosity, and for me I wasn't crazy about the (an)droid device.

hopefully you'll still stop in here even if you decide to change devices, just to say hello:)

Well, i'm not leaving just yet. I guess that i just feel like you shouldn't have to jb,root, etc. a phone, just to get it to do what it should do to begin with. I've done the BB thing, and the iPhone thing, so maybe it's time to move on. Don't worry Pink, even if i do change devices, i'll still drop by the forums. I've met some great people here.:D

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, i'm not leaving just yet. I guess that i just feel like you shouldn't have to jb,root, etc. a phone, just to get it to do what it should do to begin with. I've done the BB thing, and the iPhone thing, so maybe it's time to move on. Don't worry Pink, even if i do change devices, i'll still drop by the forums. I've met some great people here.:D

:)nice to know you'll still be around, regardless of what device you chose;):)

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I liked the old name, don't care for the new name. I know I haven't been around for a couple days, so when I got here this morning I was surprised. I guess I'll get used to it- this is one of my favorite forums, in general, not just pertaining to Apple devices.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
iOS Nation or iNation or iJim, iBob, iGeorge... anything but iSue... I mean iMore. I could fart a better name than that. Seriously! Coming from pre central and android central this was the 1st iOS news site i visited. its sad to see the way this site has been run into the ground. always a day late and a dollar short when it comes to news or rumors compared to 9to5mac and Macrumors. the podcasts are becoming unbearable... and don't get me started on GGG. incredibly stupid! I don't see how anyone can bear to listen to Georgia anymore on these podcasts. like nails on a chalkboard. TUAW has an awesome site and could use a rebrand themselves but I hope paying careful attention to the fast and steady decline of TiPB should they decide to.

Actually "TiPb" posted the release date of the iPhone 4S and name of the device before any site on the internet. I can post a link if needed.

And to everyone else, yes I've been gone a long while, just checking in. Hope everyone is doing well :)

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
actually thats true 'tipb' was the first and only tech-related website i could find that continually predicted the 4s upgrade not the (unless there was a big rumour doing the rounds) until of course until a month before WWDC when everybody else decided that on that front it really was the no.1 blog for iPhone iPad and iPod Touch (and mac0

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
actually thats true 'tipb' was the first and only tech-related website i could find that continually predicted the 4s upgrade not the (unless there was a big rumour doing the rounds) until of course until a month before WWDC when everybody else decided that on that front it really was the no.1 blog for iPhone iPad and iPod Touch (and mac0

This is true and no there was not any rumor floating around at that time about the release date. At least that was accurate.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods