• errrrmmm...not sure...

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • please take part in the discussion below

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I think it's terrible. Tipb was marginally acceptable, but easier than theiphoneblog. Silly name and I am sure the mobile nations people had something to do with it. Icentral, inews, ination....several other names would've been better, provided the domain was available.

It sucks, it's terrible, makes no sense....but it'll have to to do.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
New name stinks. They already had an i-word, and shrunk it down to the cute "TiPB". That's what it is anyway, a blog....

Maybe i don't want More.

What about iSite, iBlog, or iOs Central???

How about iRobots... or iTards?

Suppose we call it iDontCare.....

aaaaaaand... FLAME ON!

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The only question is...Will they change it back, if the majority want it back. Let's see democracy in action.:)

yea....idk if they'd change it back. I think if we had hundreds of members posting here complaining they hate the new name, they may consider it--maybe ??? But as of now, according to the poll votes, only 27 have voted "hate it" so, thats not even a drop in the bucket at this point. Unless, people are going behind the scenes and sending emails about their disapproval.....

It doesnt really matter to me about the name change - i'll get use to it at some point i guess -- as long as i can come here to a friendly blog environment and post or find out info i may need--thats all that really matters to me:) If the site starts to change "personality" and become unfriendly/trolling/bashing, thats when i go somewhere else !!

ricnmar

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
New name stinks. They already had an i-word, and shrunk it down to the cute "TiPB". That's what it is anyway, a blog....

Maybe i don't want More.

What about iSite, iBlog, or iOs Central???

How about iRobots... or iTards?

Suppose we call it iDontCare.....

aaaaaaand... FLAME ON!

iLess?!? :)

ricnmar

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The REAL funny thing is that there are 3 votes for:

'please take part in the discussion below'

THAT cracks me up!! iLike!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I kinda like SayntJ's suggestion of iOS Central. That takes it back to basics and fits with the overall MN theme.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't like it at all, but like others have said, I'm already coming here, so it really isn't a big deal what the site is called.

My concern is more about attracting new people to the site. Type "imore" into Google and you get a wide array of garbage sites and foreign language stuff. Having the "i" more clearly in the front of the name helps, but it just doesn't sound appealing.

Then again, CrackBerry LOVED the name "PlayBook" for their tablet, and look how that turned out...

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
TIPB people, please take a min to read this post

I really don't mind a name change....I mean TiPb didn't exactly roll off the tongue. That said, iMore is weak, uninspired, and a name that will be easily forgotten.

If you want to do this the right way, tap into the TiPb community....have a contest, or at least take suggestions and votes. If you don't want to go that route, purchase some marketing assistance and get a pro's take on it.

This is very important so please read, branding is VERY important. Moreover, RE-branding is a very delicate process. Let history be an example and look at some of the re-branding strategies that have failed, and others that have succeeded. Remember Netflix's attempt to re-brand their mail order service, FAIL.....how about Coke's new design fail? My point is, this isn't something that should be just thrown out there half heartedly. PLEASE take a moment to consider returning to TiPb...even if its only to regroup, re-strategize, and find a brand you can really stand behind.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I really don't mind a name change....I mean TiPb didn't exactly roll off the tongue. That said, iMore is weak, uninspired, and a name that will be easily forgotten.

If you want to do this the right way, tap into the TiPb community....have a contest, or at least take suggestions and votes. If you don't want to go that route, purchase some marketing assistance and get a pro's take on it.

This is very important so please read, branding is VERY important. Moreover, RE-branding is a very delicate process. Let history be an example and look at some of the re-branding strategies that have failed, and others that have succeeded. Remember Netflix's attempt to re-brand their mail order service, FAIL.....how about Coke's new design fail? My point is, this isn't something that should be just thrown out there half heartedly. PLEASE take a moment to consider returning to TiPb...even if its only to regroup, re-strategize, and find a brand you can really stand behind.

Easily forgotten? I'd say that it's had the opposite effect. iNation (or iOS nation) may have made more sense at first glance, but that would've been boring and forgotten.

I'd suspect that they're really trying to beef up awareness of the video podcasting as the "more" part. This is what differentiates them. Other blogs have their forum communities, story rehashes on the frontpage, etc but not so much of the podcasting.

Number one rule for a blog is having more quality content. Especially one that's evolving. Whether it proves to be a dud or not, you have to give them credit for taking a risk. Time will tell.

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Easily forgotten? I'd say that it's had the opposite effect. iNation (or iOS nation) may have made more sense at first glance, but that would've been boring and forgotten.

I'd suspect that they're really trying to beef up awareness of the video podcasting as the "more" part. This is what differentiates them. Other blogs have their forum communities, story rehashes on the frontpage, etc but not so much of the podcasting.

Number one rule for a blog is having more quality content. Especially one that's evolving. Whether it proves to be a dud or not, you have to give them credit for taking a risk. Time will tell.

I get what you are saying, but I still feel that it just doesn't "pop". I completely understand that they are trying to show that they are more than just another blog site. That is completely valid and a winning logic in my opinion. "iMore" just isn't the answer.

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm having trouble getting by a couple of things. First, slapping an "i" in front of everything is getting awfully cliche. I'm really not trying to nit-pick, but that's been so over done now. Second, and this one might solely be me, but when I hear iMore, all I can picture is a 2 year old holding his hands out looking for, well, more. Finally, it's trying to make a point but not getting it across. For those of us who are familiar with TiPb, we understand what they mean by "more", but to the outsider, it is just too ambiguous. If I had no idea what iMore was, I would still have no idea. Furthermore, if I were looking for a good blog/forum site for my iOS needs, I don't think my first click would be a website named iMore.

These are just opinions. I'm not an expert, nor can I speak for the masses. I am however a businessman, and I consider my ability to look at business decisions from all angels to be one of the main keys to my success. Perhaps iMore is fine, or even great....I just suggest taking a longer, and wider look at it.

ketz

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'll get used to it. To keep up-to-date I think the redesign is good. But the name well.. dont fix what ain't broke..

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Like "sofry" said, they shouldve gotten people's opinion, or at least professional people to do it. And as someone else said...it sounds like it took two seconds to think of...like one of them asked their kids, "hey honey what should we rename the site," and she said, "mmm well it's got a lot of iPhone stuff....and now you got more of other i-stuff...so how about iMorestuff.com?" "oh honey that sounds silly. How about iMore?, ya that's it!!!!"...:D

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
If the forum wasn't broken on my pc (any browser) I wouldn't mind it but I can't post from my laptop an only my phone now

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I think iMore is horrible. I thought Tipb was horrible too.If people on the podcast hadn't said "Tip" "Bee" i'd not know how it was suppoded to be pronounced. Natrually reads like Tibb. And imore doesn't tell me what it's about and worse is boring and plain to me. It could be a blog about more cat clothes or something. But it's not memorable. I'd have used something catchy and memorable that and i would not have constrained myself to apple, i, or even real words. Gizmodo is a made up word. Facebook is kinda made up and it's not really a site about faces. Wasn't it originally Facemash? That's made up. I'd have done something like onemorething.com or something. But that's just off the top of my head. I have know clue what my final decision would be but it wouldn't have been what it's been.

Regardless to me the name is the sort of thing i'd expect from people that pick fashion at JC Pennies, think Crocs are stylish, and are now hopping on the pleated cotton Dockers trend. It's bland to me.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I get what you are saying, but I still feel that it just doesn't "pop". I completely understand that they are trying to show that they are more than just another blog site. That is completely valid and a winning logic in my opinion. "iMore" just isn't the answer.

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm having trouble getting by a couple of things. First, slapping an "i" in front of everything is getting awfully cliche. I'm really not trying to nit-pick, but that's been so over done now. Second, and this one might solely be me, but when I hear iMore, all I can picture is a 2 year old holding his hands out looking for, well, more. Finally, it's trying to make a point but not getting it across. For those of us who are familiar with TiPb, we understand what they mean by "more", but to the outsider, it is just too ambiguous. If I had no idea what iMore was, I would still have no idea. Furthermore, if I were looking for a good blog/forum site for my iOS needs, I don't think my first click would be a website named iMore.

These are just opinions. I'm not an expert, nor can I speak for the masses. I am however a businessman, and I consider my ability to look at business decisions from all angels to be one of the main keys to my success. Perhaps iMore is fine, or even great....I just suggest taking a longer, and wider look at it.

I think you make good points. Especially as it relates to users not familiar at all with TIPB.

I'm trying to see their side as well and that last post was about the best i could offer.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I really don't think we have a say in anyone else's business. We have no idea what went into their decision. I dont care what their name is. As long as the product remains quality. If Dunkin donuts decided to change their name to "coffee for all" I wouldn't care and would still go there and order my large french vanilla.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2