• errrrmmm...not sure...

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • please take part in the discussion below

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

iamjose

May 26, 2011
Visit site
iOS Nation or iNation or iJim, iBob, iGeorge... anything but iSue... I mean iMore. I could fart a better name than that. Seriously! Coming from pre central and android central this was the 1st iOS news site i visited. its sad to see the way this site has been run into the ground. always a day late and a dollar short when it comes to news or rumors compared to 9to5mac and Macrumors. the podcasts are becoming unbearable... and don't get me started on GGG. incredibly stupid! I don't see how anyone can bear to listen to Georgia anymore on these podcasts. like nails on a chalkboard. TUAW has an awesome site and could use a rebrand themselves but I hope paying careful attention to the fast and steady decline of TiPB should they decide to.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
iMore? Really? Did someone let their 5 year old come up with that?

Sorry to sound rash and I am not bashing the site, but seriously? The new name is outright weak. I saw it on twitter and said "WTF is this?" and unfollowed it before I realized it was tipb under a new name.

Me no like.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I was surprised, and didn't like it at FIRST, but the name has grown on me. The truth of the matter is that the platform is SO much more than JUST phones now. Yes I know that shortening the name DID help, BUT I think this helps even more. (or should I say iMore??? lol) I have never own and probably never will own an iphone, BUT I have owned several ipod touches and I now own an ipad, and with this new name I feel that I can connect more (there's that word again!!!) to the site. I really like the new name, it has grown on me! Change is GOOD!!!!!

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Personally I love the play on the iDevices, but i really don't like iMore.
Thats why i voted for errrm not sure. I would definitely love to see a different i*insertcatchynamehere* over tipb.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not crazy about iMore (at all), but I am dying to know what some of the other options they had were. I'm curious to see what it was chosen over.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
iMore makes me think of Mt. Rushmore.

It was kinda random- do we really need to add onto the silly "i" thing yet again?

It's possibly the most annoying name you could think of, on top of that, it doesn't really make sense- is "i" supposed to stand for something?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The only change it will make in my life is that I will stop recommending other people come here because I can never remember the new name.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)my first initial reaction was I loved it. Now that it's been a day or 2 of settling in with it,, I'm at "errmmm.....I'm not so sure" I still call it TiPb - when I talk to my kids about something on here, it's still TiPb that I refer to. He11, when I type in the web addy I still use www.TiPb.com !! I haven't even changed my bookmarks on my iPad or iPhone yet either.

It'll take some time to settle in as iMore now.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
:)my first initial reaction was I loved it. Now that it's been a day or 2 of settling in with it,, I'm at "errmmm.....I'm not so sure" I still call it TiPb - when I talk to my kids about something on here, it's still TiPb that I refer to. He11, when I type in the web addy I still use www.TiPb.com !! I haven't even changed my bookmarks on my iPad or iPhone yet either.

It'll take some time to settle in as iMore now.

The only question is...Will they change it back, if the majority want it back. Let's see democracy in action.:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox