• HATE the new name change it back!!!

56 65.12%
  • LOVE the new name keep it!!!

11 12.79%
  • errrrmmm...not sure...

16 18.60%
  • please take part in the discussion below

3 3.49%
    I really don't mind a name change....I mean TiPb didn't exactly roll off the tongue. That said, iMore is weak, uninspired, and a name that will be easily forgotten.

If you want to do this the right way, tap into the TiPb community....have a contest, or at least take suggestions and votes. If you don't want to go that route, purchase some marketing assistance and get a pro's take on it.

This is very important so please read, branding is VERY important. Moreover, RE-branding is a very delicate process. Let history be an example and look at some of the re-branding strategies that have failed, and others that have succeeded. Remember Netflix's attempt to re-brand their mail order service, FAIL.....how about Coke's new design fail? My point is, this isn't something that should be just thrown out there half heartedly. PLEASE take a moment to consider returning to TiPb...even if its only to regroup, re-strategize, and find a brand you can really stand behind.
    therealwags likes this.
    01-09-2012 12:07 PM
    I really don't mind a name change....I mean TiPb didn't exactly roll off the tongue. That said, iMore is weak, uninspired, and a name that will be easily forgotten.

If you want to do this the right way, tap into the TiPb community....have a contest, or at least take suggestions and votes. If you don't want to go that route, purchase some marketing assistance and get a pro's take on it.

This is very important so please read, branding is VERY important. Moreover, RE-branding is a very delicate process. Let history be an example and look at some of the re-branding strategies that have failed, and others that have succeeded. Remember Netflix's attempt to re-brand their mail order service, FAIL.....how about Coke's new design fail? My point is, this isn't something that should be just thrown out there half heartedly. PLEASE take a moment to consider returning to TiPb...even if its only to regroup, re-strategize, and find a brand you can really stand behind.
    Easily forgotten? I'd say that it's had the opposite effect. iNation (or iOS nation) may have made more sense at first glance, but that would've been boring and forgotten.

I'd suspect that they're really trying to beef up awareness of the video podcasting as the "more" part. This is what differentiates them. Other blogs have their forum communities, story rehashes on the frontpage, etc but not so much of the podcasting.

Number one rule for a blog is having more quality content. Especially one that's evolving. Whether it proves to be a dud or not, you have to give them credit for taking a risk. Time will tell.
    01-09-2012 01:46 PM
    Easily forgotten? I'd say that it's had the opposite effect. iNation (or iOS nation) may have made more sense at first glance, but that would've been boring and forgotten.

I'd suspect that they're really trying to beef up awareness of the video podcasting as the "more" part. This is what differentiates them. Other blogs have their forum communities, story rehashes on the frontpage, etc but not so much of the podcasting.

Number one rule for a blog is having more quality content. Especially one that's evolving. Whether it proves to be a dud or not, you have to give them credit for taking a risk. Time will tell.
    I get what you are saying, but I still feel that it just doesn't "pop". I completely understand that they are trying to show that they are more than just another blog site. That is completely valid and a winning logic in my opinion. "iMore" just isn't the answer.

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm having trouble getting by a couple of things. First, slapping an "i" in front of everything is getting awfully cliche. I'm really not trying to nit-pick, but that's been so over done now. Second, and this one might solely be me, but when I hear iMore, all I can picture is a 2 year old holding his hands out looking for, well, more. Finally, it's trying to make a point but not getting it across. For those of us who are familiar with TiPb, we understand what they mean by "more", but to the outsider, it is just too ambiguous. If I had no idea what iMore was, I would still have no idea. Furthermore, if I were looking for a good blog/forum site for my iOS needs, I don't think my first click would be a website named iMore.

These are just opinions. I'm not an expert, nor can I speak for the masses. I am however a businessman, and I consider my ability to look at business decisions from all angels to be one of the main keys to my success. Perhaps iMore is fine, or even great....I just suggest taking a longer, and wider look at it.
    anon4705295 likes this.
    01-09-2012 03:42 PM
    Yeah, I'll get used to it. To keep up-to-date I think the redesign is good. But the name well.. dont fix what ain't broke..
    01-09-2012 03:55 PM
    I don't like it. It seems to be indicative of the direction the site is moving though -Away from a focus on iDevices.
    01-09-2012 04:27 PM
    Like "sofry" said, they shouldve gotten people's opinion, or at least professional people to do it. And as someone else said...it sounds like it took two seconds to think of...like one of them asked their kids, "hey honey what should we rename the site," and she said, "mmm well it's got a lot of iPhone stuff....and now you got more of other i-stuff...so how about iMorestuff.com?" "oh honey that sounds silly. How about iMore?, ya that's it!!!!"...
    01-09-2012 05:19 PM
    If the forum wasn't broken on my pc (any browser) I wouldn't mind it but I can't post from my laptop an only my phone now

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-09-2012 05:52 PM
    I think iMore is horrible. I thought Tipb was horrible too.If people on the podcast hadn't said "Tip" "Bee" i'd not know how it was suppoded to be pronounced. Natrually reads like Tibb. And imore doesn't tell me what it's about and worse is boring and plain to me. It could be a blog about more cat clothes or something. But it's not memorable. I'd have used something catchy and memorable that and i would not have constrained myself to apple, i, or even real words. Gizmodo is a made up word. Facebook is kinda made up and it's not really a site about faces. Wasn't it originally Facemash? That's made up. I'd have done something like onemorething.com or something. But that's just off the top of my head. I have know clue what my final decision would be but it wouldn't have been what it's been.

Regardless to me the name is the sort of thing i'd expect from people that pick fashion at JC Pennies, think Crocs are stylish, and are now hopping on the pleated cotton Dockers trend. It's bland to me.
    Last edited by 9thWonder; 01-09-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    ghostface147 likes this.
    01-09-2012 06:01 PM
    I get what you are saying, but I still feel that it just doesn't "pop". I completely understand that they are trying to show that they are more than just another blog site. That is completely valid and a winning logic in my opinion. "iMore" just isn't the answer.

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm having trouble getting by a couple of things. First, slapping an "i" in front of everything is getting awfully cliche. I'm really not trying to nit-pick, but that's been so over done now. Second, and this one might solely be me, but when I hear iMore, all I can picture is a 2 year old holding his hands out looking for, well, more. Finally, it's trying to make a point but not getting it across. For those of us who are familiar with TiPb, we understand what they mean by "more", but to the outsider, it is just too ambiguous. If I had no idea what iMore was, I would still have no idea. Furthermore, if I were looking for a good blog/forum site for my iOS needs, I don't think my first click would be a website named iMore.

These are just opinions. I'm not an expert, nor can I speak for the masses. I am however a businessman, and I consider my ability to look at business decisions from all angels to be one of the main keys to my success. Perhaps iMore is fine, or even great....I just suggest taking a longer, and wider look at it.
    I think you make good points. Especially as it relates to users not familiar at all with TIPB.

I'm trying to see their side as well and that last post was about the best i could offer.
    01-09-2012 06:57 PM
    I really don't think we have a say in anyone else's business. We have no idea what went into their decision. I dont care what their name is. As long as the product remains quality. If Dunkin donuts decided to change their name to "coffee for all" I wouldn't care and would still go there and order my large french vanilla.
    01-09-2012 10:01 PM
    I've no idea
    01-10-2012 12:36 AM
    I don't like it. It seems to be indicative of the direction the site is moving though -Away from a focus on iDevices.
    And towards let'sdoasmanypodcastscoveringasmanytopicsaswecan?
    01-10-2012 05:15 AM
    i dislike the new name... tipb was so catchy... imore just doesn't taste right. Its like that article Giz had one putting an "i" in front of stuff that doesn't belong to apple... its all crap. Call it like moreiphone.com lol... but imore... sounds like a bad apple product knock off.
    01-10-2012 05:50 AM
    As I started this thread i thought I should be the one who should share it I tweeted this to Georgia and Renne Georgia replied saying "oh no :0 i then told her to do what she wants this is just what we want
    01-10-2012 10:50 AM
    I haven't gotten used to it yet. I liked TiPB.
    01-10-2012 08:37 PM
    I haven't gotten used to it yet. I liked TiPB.
    I'm still getting used to it as well. I've changed my bookmarks on my iPhone, still have to do that on my iPad, and at least now when i'm on my laptop i type 'imore.com' -- havent made a bookmark for it yet.
    01-11-2012 08:01 AM
    I don't mind iMore, although it reminds me of "BuyMore" from Chuck.

I'd have rather seen iOS Nation, to be more consistent with the sister sites, but ultimately I'm a guest here in Rene's house.
    01-11-2012 06:59 PM
    I have been following Tipb for some time, and am a member since very recently. I think iMore is a less confusing and more straight-forward name.
    01-12-2012 06:08 AM
    To me it's not the end of the world if it's called this or something else. I'm just a person using and watching the site with no real interest in how it's run. The name alone won't keep me from coming back, but it also won't keep me visiting. I don't really care one way or the other.
    01-12-2012 12:59 PM
    The site is continuing to move in the wrong direction - I understand why as advertising ramps up and hits increase, etc. But tipb had style and soul back in it's early days. Sadly that is just about gone now. This site isn't unique in losing that, it is sadly a transition many websites go through.

Lose some advertising? Don't think you will, but you can make it less sneaky and clean up the blog style on the main page.
    01-12-2012 04:36 PM
    yea....idk if they'd change it back. I think if we had hundreds of members posting here complaining they hate the new name, they may consider it--maybe ??? But as of now, according to the poll votes, only 27 have voted "hate it" so, thats not even a drop in the bucket at this point. Unless, people are going behind the scenes and sending emails about their disapproval.....

It doesnt really matter to me about the name change - i'll get use to it at some point i guess -- as long as i can come here to a friendly blog environment and post or find out info i may need--thats all that really matters to me If the site starts to change "personality" and become unfriendly/trolling/bashing, thats when i go somewhere else !!
    It's as i suspected. The new name stays, no matter what people want. I don't think that it would matter if the "hate it" count was 27 or 2700. Just too much "i" for me. The poll was useless!
    01-13-2012 02:40 PM
    It's as i suspected. The new name stays, no matter what people want. I don't think that it would matter if the "hate it" count was 27 or 2700. Just too much "i" for me. The poll was useless!
    well, grunt, as the saying goes "it is what it is" I'm getting used to the name now tho, and lets just say i'm happy at how well this forum holds together wtihout bashing/trolling etc.

i stopped in on CB yesterday without signing in, and WOW. just wow. the iphone section is starting to get over-run now too !! I stopped going there mid-Dec &. i'm always here now
    01-13-2012 03:47 PM
    well, grunt, as the saying goes "it is what it is" I'm getting used to the name now tho, and lets just say i'm happy at how well this forum holds together wtihout bashing/trolling etc.

i stopped in on CB yesterday without signing in, and WOW. just wow. the iphone section is starting to get over-run now too !! I stopped going there mid-Dec &. i'm always here now
    I'll keep on checking in, on these forums, but i've just about lost my taste for the iPhone4. The 4S doesn't impress me, and unless there's a big improvement in the next model, i'm moving on. My daughter and her fianc spent a week at my house, and he brought his new phone with him. I was impressed with what he was able to do with his stock phone. It was like a jailbroken iPhone on steroids. The battery loss was acceptable to him, and he only has to charge it overnight. The iPhone5, or whatever it will be called, better really impress me, or i'll be using an HTC Vivid by the end of this year!
    01-13-2012 11:11 PM
    I'll keep on checking in, on these forums, but i've just about lost my taste for the iPhone4. The 4S doesn't impress me, and unless there's a big improvement in the next model, i'm moving on. My daughter and her fianc spent a week at my house, and he brought his new phone with him. I was impressed with what he was able to do with his stock phone. It was like a jailbroken iPhone on steroids. The battery loss was acceptable to him, and he only has to charge it overnight. The iPhone5, or whatever it will be called, better really impress me, or i'll be using an HTC Vivid by the end of this year!
    well grunt, you have to do what's going to make you happy and fit your needs as far as what device you use. I've always wanted an iPhone for years because I always liked how my iTouch and iPad functioned-so I'm extremely happy with my device & look forward to what Apple has to offer in the upcoming iPhones.

I actually did look at the HTC rhyme before I got my iPhone, just out of curiosity, and for me I wasn't crazy about the (an)droid device.

hopefully you'll still stop in here even if you decide to change devices, just to say hello
    01-14-2012 08:25 AM
    well grunt, you have to do what's going to make you happy and fit your needs as far as what device you use. I've always wanted an iPhone for years because I always liked how my iTouch and iPad functioned-so I'm extremely happy with my device & look forward to what Apple has to offer in the upcoming iPhones.

I actually did look at the HTC rhyme before I got my iPhone, just out of curiosity, and for me I wasn't crazy about the (an)droid device.

hopefully you'll still stop in here even if you decide to change devices, just to say hello
    Well, i'm not leaving just yet. I guess that i just feel like you shouldn't have to jb,root, etc. a phone, just to get it to do what it should do to begin with. I've done the BB thing, and the iPhone thing, so maybe it's time to move on. Don't worry Pink, even if i do change devices, i'll still drop by the forums. I've met some great people here.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-14-2012 09:32 AM
91 1234