56 65.12%
  • LOVE the new name keep it!!!

11 12.79%
  • errrrmmm...not sure...

16 18.60%
  • please take part in the discussion below

3 3.49%
    The iOS Blog -> TiB

Covers all iOS devices, sounds normal and has a meaning too.
    therealwags likes this.
    01-06-2012 11:01 AM
    So to summarize: "meh".
    01-06-2012 11:07 AM
    It sounds like an infant's toy more than TiPB sounded (and looked like!)

iMore sleepy Daddy....yawn...
    01-06-2012 11:08 AM
    I think the TiPB.com was a better name than the iMore.com Yes we all know it is a site about Apple products
    I concurr.
    01-06-2012 11:09 AM
    Applefanboy.com Heh.
    Fausty82 and therealwags like this.
    01-06-2012 12:08 PM
    Personally I love the play on the iDevices, but i really don't like iMore.
    Thats why i voted for errrm not sure. I would definitely love to see a different i*insertcatchynamehere* over tipb.
    01-06-2012 02:13 PM
    I'm not crazy about iMore (at all), but I am dying to know what some of the other options they had were. I'm curious to see what it was chosen over.
    01-07-2012 09:17 PM
    I liked TiPb better, iMore hits the ear wrong in my opinion.
    01-07-2012 09:40 PM
    I liked TiPb better, iMore hits the ear wrong in my opinion.
    But Rene and the powers that be don't really care what you or I think.
    01-07-2012 11:42 PM
    iMore makes me think of Mt. Rushmore.

It was kinda random- do we really need to add onto the silly "i" thing yet again?

It's possibly the most annoying name you could think of, on top of that, it doesn't really make sense- is "i" supposed to stand for something?
    01-08-2012 04:08 PM
    I don't love it but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter as I come for the content and discussions, not the name.
    01-08-2012 04:10 PM
    The only change it will make in my life is that I will stop recommending other people come here because I can never remember the new name.
    01-08-2012 06:43 PM
    It sounds less professional to me, I vote back to tipb!
    01-08-2012 07:37 PM
    my first initial reaction was I loved it. Now that it's been a day or 2 of settling in with it,, I'm at "errmmm.....I'm not so sure" I still call it TiPb - when I talk to my kids about something on here, it's still TiPb that I refer to. He11, when I type in the web addy I still use www.TiPb.com !! I haven't even changed my bookmarks on my iPad or iPhone yet either.

It'll take some time to settle in as iMore now.

01-08-2012 08:14 PM
    my first initial reaction was I loved it. Now that it's been a day or 2 of settling in with it,, I'm at "errmmm.....I'm not so sure" I still call it TiPb - when I talk to my kids about something on here, it's still TiPb that I refer to. He11, when I type in the web addy I still use www.TiPb.com !! I haven't even changed my bookmarks on my iPad or iPhone yet either.

It'll take some time to settle in as iMore now.

The only question is...Will they change it back, if the majority want it back. Let's see democracy in action.
    01-08-2012 09:38 PM
    But Rene and the powers that be don't really care what you or I think.
    They might not care.
    But its kinda the point of this thread
    Our opinion and all.
    01-08-2012 10:12 PM
    I think it's terrible. Tipb was marginally acceptable, but easier than theiphoneblog. Silly name and I am sure the mobile nations people had something to do with it. Icentral, inews, ination....several other names would've been better, provided the domain was available.

It sucks, it's terrible, makes no sense....but it'll have to to do.
    01-08-2012 11:47 PM
    New name stinks. They already had an i-word, and shrunk it down to the cute "TiPB". That's what it is anyway, a blog....

Maybe i don't want More.

What about iSite, iBlog, or iOs Central???

How about iRobots... or iTards?

Suppose we call it iDontCare.....

aaaaaaand... FLAME ON!
    Last edited by SayntJ; 01-09-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    01-09-2012 07:23 AM
    The only question is...Will they change it back, if the majority want it back. Let's see democracy in action.
    yea....idk if they'd change it back. I think if we had hundreds of members posting here complaining they hate the new name, they may consider it--maybe ??? But as of now, according to the poll votes, only 27 have voted "hate it" so, thats not even a drop in the bucket at this point. Unless, people are going behind the scenes and sending emails about their disapproval.....

It doesnt really matter to me about the name change - i'll get use to it at some point i guess -- as long as i can come here to a friendly blog environment and post or find out info i may need--thats all that really matters to me If the site starts to change "personality" and become unfriendly/trolling/bashing, thats when i go somewhere else !!
    01-09-2012 08:06 AM
    New name stinks. They already had an i-word, and shrunk it down to the cute "TiPB". That's what it is anyway, a blog....

Maybe i don't want More.

What about iSite, iBlog, or iOs Central???

How about iRobots... or iTards?

Suppose we call it iDontCare.....

aaaaaaand... FLAME ON!
    iLess?!?
    01-09-2012 09:26 AM
    The REAL funny thing is that there are 3 votes for:

'please take part in the discussion below'

THAT cracks me up!! iLike!
    01-09-2012 09:28 AM
    It's confusing with that other forum called iFans.
    01-09-2012 09:56 AM
    I kinda like SayntJ's suggestion of iOS Central. That takes it back to basics and fits with the overall MN theme.
    01-09-2012 09:59 AM
    I kinda like SayntJ's suggestion of iOS Central. That takes it back to basics and fits with the overall MN theme.
    I agree with you on that Alli. When I read SayntJ's post i thought that had a nice ring to it also. iOS Central
    grunt0300 likes this.
    01-09-2012 10:13 AM
    Don't like it at all, but like others have said, I'm already coming here, so it really isn't a big deal what the site is called.

My concern is more about attracting new people to the site. Type "imore" into Google and you get a wide array of garbage sites and foreign language stuff. Having the "i" more clearly in the front of the name helps, but it just doesn't sound appealing.

Then again, CrackBerry LOVED the name "PlayBook" for their tablet, and look how that turned out...
    01-09-2012 11:42 AM
91 1234