zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks just put it there so someone would see it quick. Thanks again. I'm free if you need help on the site lol.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Also keep in mind that you only need to report once in a thread, or once per spammer. And as I've mentioned in a few other threads, the threads that are heavy spam targets, you don't need to report at all - we check them regularly. But we all sleep at the same time (you guys, too), so sometimes it seems like there's a lot of spam, and you're reporting while we're cleaning it up. Quite often I get the message that there's spam, 40 seconds after I've removed it.

Reactions: Garz and BLiNK

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Alli, you and the other Mods are doing a great job with these spammers, but it's kind of like trying to fill a bucket that has holes in it. I was wondering if there was any way that you could "spam them back"? I don't have the computer skills necessary, but if it's possible, i believe that we have the personnel on board to accomplish this task. My personal solution would be to find them and break their fingers. No Pain, No Gain! May the Force be with you!:)

melontruck

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
i think its because if you want to make a post in some sections, you have to make 10 entries somewhere else..so people just put whatever to fill out their first 10..

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
i think its because if you want to make a post in some sections, you have to make 10 entries somewhere else..so people just put whatever to fill out their first 10..

Well, if that's the case, then TiPb knows who is doing the spamming and they should never let them post, period!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I understand what all of you are saying. We are looking into better ways to prevent spam but unfortunately whatever we do it will not solve the problem 100%. All I can say is keep reporting spam posts and we will get to them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro