Is it possible to get a non-truncated version of The iPhone Blog RSS feed?

striatic

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Very recently The iPhone Blog seems to have switched to an RSS feed with truncated entries. Is there any version of the feed with full entries + ads?

The whole reason I initially subscribed to TiPB was because it had a better RSS feed than MacRumors iPhone Blog, but now that they are both equally annoying, i'm not sure why i should stay subscribed to TiPB, unless there is some way to get an untruncated feed.

Last edited:

striatic

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
if this is about advertising and boosting views to the site instead of the feed, i can understand that but surely there are better, less annoying ways that won't curtail your subscriber count over time.

maybe something like Daring Fireball's "RSS sponsored by" feed items.

Bebo

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes please, bring back the full articles in RSS! I hate the truncated version of the RSS feed. The cool pictures you spend so many hours photoshopping :p don't come in the feed anymore. To me the 2 1/2 sentences that come through the truncated feed don't make much sense.

Bebo

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The whole reason I initially subscribed to TiPB was because it had a better RSS feed than MacRumors iPhone Blog, but now that they are both equally annoying, i'm not sure why i should stay subscribed to TiPB, unless there is some way to get an untruncated feed.

I agree. To me if I only get a couple of sentences of the article, the RSS is pointless. The full feed was one of the reasons I subscribed to TiPB.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Argh. I miss the full feeds. What a pain in the buttt. Bring back the full feeds, please.

So many people are doing this now. It really defeats the point of rss. If this trend keeps up, it will no longer be simple news readers, but "Headline Gatherers"

I want to read the whole news in one spot, not have to read a headline and teaser sentance and then click on a link to read more.

I used to praise TiPB and criticize macrumors and appleinsider because of the feeds. Now it sucks like almost everyone else. Thanks for ruining my favorite news feed.

striatic

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
better iphone feeds

i found the "iPhone Buzz" feed is fuller and more useful than TiPB's, although it doesn't update quite as frequently.

those who can't stand the new TiPB feed might want to try it instead.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
So, long story long, we have a bit of a problem with RSS scrapers using our feed to set up bogus mirror sites (basically steal our content). We truncated the feed, but we (and I) didn't realize people actually read the whole thing via RSS. Silly, maybe, I just can't stand reading that way (especially long articles) and always click through, and we'd gotten complaints from people who just wanted preview RSS anyway.

So, we have to figure out a better solution, no doubt about it. We're on it, and I hope to have it solved this weekend (apologies for the delay, I try to be thorough and explore all options).

If anyone has any other feedback, please send it my way, it's much appreciated.

(BTW- We also didn't realize the sponsor/ads weren't showing up in the feed before -- obviously something I need to learn myself on!)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73