When asked, “tell me a story”, Siri always tells the same story. I haven’t been able to find this problem reported anywhere on the Web. Anyone have an idea how to fix that?
    05-08-2022 12:29 AM
    I’d suggest a couple of tests to isolate the problem. Do you have multiple Apple devices? Have them far enough apart to be sure the intended device answers. Does the same thing happen on multiple devices. Now try another request that should incorporate a random element such as “Hey Siri tell me a joke”. Does the same joke get repeated also?
    Does a non random but changing event happen correctly such as asking what is the weather.
    Determine what does and does not work.

Id suggest: make sure your iPhone is running the latest iOS (if your iPhone is too old to run the latest iOS, you may be stuck with whatever it can do). Certainly give your iPhone a full reboot. Check that your internal storage is not very close to full (clear some space if it is). An out of the box suggestion but it may be worth a try, sign out of iCloud then sign back in.
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-08-2022 02:25 AM
    When asked, “tell me a story”, Siri always tells the same story. I haven’t been able to find this problem reported anywhere on the Web. Anyone have an idea how to fix that?
    I just wanted to take a moment to say hello and welcome to iMore. I would definitely try the suggestions made by @Up_And_Away
    05-08-2022 05:49 AM
    Easy fix....Use Alexa or Google Assistant.
    05-09-2022 01:08 AM
    Ha! Funny. I’m sure Google and Amazon would wholeheartedly agree. And as you’re giving the OP the expectation there will be none of these kinds oddities or bugs or other kinds of issues on the other two voice assistant platforms, a snow job….sorry I mean a sales job awaits you at these two companies (you’ll have no friend in us in tech support. There is nothing like supporting a customer who was been promised by sales they’ll get the sun and stars).
    Just_Me_D and FFR like this.
    05-09-2022 03:42 AM
    Ha! Funny. I’m sure Google and Amazon would wholeheartedly agree. And as you’re giving the OP the expectation there will be none of these kinds oddities or bugs or other kinds of issues on the other two voice assistant platforms, a snow job….sorry I mean a sales job awaits you at these two companies (you’ll have no friend in us in tech support. There is nothing like supporting a customer who was been promised by sales they’ll get the sun and stars).
    My point is that Siri has constantly been the worse voice assistant for years . This is well documented.
    05-09-2022 10:40 AM
    What story does it tell?
    05-09-2022 11:53 AM
    Well, I checked this out back to back. The first story I got was Siri's rendition of Hansel & Gretel. The second story I got a family of ground squirrels.
    Up_And_Away likes this.
    05-09-2022 01:51 PM
    Well, I checked this out back to back. The first story I got was Siri's rendition of Hansel & Gretel. The second story I got a family of ground squirrels.
    I got a story about a wishing tree and another regarding three blind mice.
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-09-2022 01:54 PM
    Which one did you enjoy the most? :-)
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-10-2022 01:19 AM
    I can’t speak for years ago but “worst voice assistant” may be well known in certain internet circles, that doesn’t make it a fact. It’s also well known Apple Maps are really bad in internet circles. Yet today’s reality is very far from that repeated Internet statement. And I can show you a recent test that shows what a majority of people use voice assistants for (mostly basics), performance is similar across the board (Samsung’s Bixby came in last though really by a fairly small amount). But performing granular requests with your voice assistant (for example, tell me the length and weight of a 1978 Camaro) says Hey Google is first and Alexa is second, Siri is third with Alexa and Siri close and Hey Google a full step ahead. My own experience is Alexa is best but that’s akin to internet circles.

But to be clear on the prime statement, I am saying 100% that telling someone trying to troubleshoot a voice assistant issue ‘to switch to Alexa or Hey Google’ is nonsense. They will all almost certainly have brain freeze issues. A 1 out of 100 requests improvement of the currently imperfect tech of voice assistants isn’t troubleshooting advice, it is a sales pitch (spoken with all due respect).
    05-10-2022 01:46 AM
    Which one did you enjoy the most? :-)
    I had to laugh over Siri's version of Hansel & Gretel! That said, in all fairness to the OP, we have gotten off track from the OP's issue.

I appreciate the spirited conversation about the pros and cons of all the various voice assistance. Perhaps that discussion could be taken up in a new thread.
    Up_And_Away likes this.
    05-10-2022 08:27 AM
    Siri gave me some story about Anansi the spider… Look it up, it is African folklore. Pretty cool, huh?
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-10-2022 01:28 PM
    Understood Annie_M, apologies for helping to turn it to a Siri pro & con.
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-11-2022 12:59 AM