So when I'm driving, sometimes I'll come upon a traffic jam. I'll ask Siri to "...take me home...", thinking she can navigate me around the mess and find the fastest route possible. Instead, she says "Sorry, but I can't do that while the phone is locked, and I don't recommend unlocking the phone while you're driving."

Now, Siri WILL check, compose and send text messages for me, play my music, tell me the news via Podcasts for me, but she can't open up the navigation for me?

Seems really odd - am I wrong?
    03-10-2020 05:18 PM
    Great question. I know Siri can start navigation on the iPhone itself, but I typically use my car’s built-in speak function to begin the navigation process. Hopefully those who have used or have tried to pull up the navigation feature via Siri in their car will reply soon.
    03-10-2020 05:59 PM
    So when I'm driving, sometimes I'll come upon a traffic jam. I'll ask Siri to "...take me home...", thinking she can navigate me around the mess and find the fastest route possible. Instead, she says "Sorry, but I can't do that while the phone is locked, and I don't recommend unlocking the phone while you're driving."

Now, Siri WILL check, compose and send text messages for me, play my music, tell me the news via Podcasts for me, but she can't open up the navigation for me?

Seems really odd - am I wrong?
    First of all, welcome to iMore. I have had a similar experience, and you're absolutely right! It is infuriating. It sounds like a good topic on which to submit feedback to Apple! I just did! Here's a link: https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p
    03-11-2020 10:49 AM
    I have no problems. But my phone stays unlocked
    03-14-2020 07:42 AM
    Sounds interesting. I’ll test sometime today and see what happens. But normally I’m using CarPlay but I’ll see if I can recreate it.
    03-14-2020 07:50 AM
    I have “Allow Siri While Locked” turned off. So, I need to either use Siri on my watch or unlock my iPhone first.
    03-15-2020 01:13 PM