Siri creating calendar events. Problems.

dhatch007

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
Have an Outlook-Siri question.

I use Iphone calendar that syncs with my Outlook. When I add calendar events involving people, Siri demands to know WHO it is exactly from my outlook contacts. Annoying, and even worse, it invites the person i choose via email, which is almost never my intention (looking for a setting here, but haven't located it yet... this is beyond annoying).

Example I want Siri to set up a meeting or call with someone named John, and just put it in my calendar at the time I say. Why can't it just do that? Siri has to ask which John it is, and lists (and voices) all the Johns in my outlook contacts. And won't go further until it has a John from my outlook contacts. Wut? What if I don't have an outlook contact for the person? I still want to set it up. And don't like this extra unnecessary step regardless. And.... If i don't choose one of them, it won't create the event!!. This (plus the annoying invite issue) is awful!

I am using the Iphone calendar "client" which syncs with Outlook from my work PC-office 365 (like millions of others). I use the iphone client specifically so i can use Siri to set up and modify calendar items. Otherwise i can use the Outlook App (which does not work well with Siri for lots of other reasons).

I am hoping I simply need help with settings or exact Siri language commands.

I have not been able to find anything on point. Any thoughts ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have an Outlook-Siri question.

I use Iphone calendar that syncs with my Outlook. When I add calendar events involving people, Siri demands to know WHO it is exactly from my outlook contacts. Annoying, and even worse, it invites the person i choose via email, which is almost never my intention (looking for a setting here, but haven't located it yet... this is beyond annoying).

Example I want Siri to set up a meeting or call with someone named John, and just put it in my calendar at the time I say. Why can't it just do that? Siri has to ask which John it is, and lists (and voices) all the Johns in my outlook contacts. And won't go further until it has a John from my outlook contacts. Wut? What if I don't have an outlook contact for the person? I still want to set it up. And don't like this extra unnecessary step regardless. And.... If i don't choose one of them, it won't create the event!!. This (plus the annoying invite issue) is awful!

I am using the Iphone calendar "client" which syncs with Outlook from my work PC-office 365 (like millions of others). I use the iphone client specifically so i can use Siri to set up and modify calendar items. Otherwise i can use the Outlook App (which does not work well with Siri for lots of other reasons).

I am hoping I simply need help with settings or exact Siri language commands.

I have not been able to find anything on point. Any thoughts ?

I’ve tinkered with the settings for a few minutes, but nothing worked. It still asked me to confirm which particular person with the same name I was referring to. If I find a way to prevent it from doing that, I’ll let you know.

dhatch007

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
Thanks. I think there may be a work around for half my problem. When you say "meeting with Ken at 3 tomorrow" it will ask which Ken. I tell them "its a different person" or "sorry, its Ken Smith", and sometimes, the appointment will be created, but other times its glitches/crashes. . i notice that sometimes it DOES create the event with one first name... not sure when and why. When it lists the many Ken's, it seems to be difficult to get past that. I can say "ken smith" from the beginning and if its NOT in my contacts, it will proceed.

NOW.... if name IS in my contacts, and I set up the meeting, Calendar-outlook will email that person automatically with a calendar invite. I need to get it to stop doing that. Haven't found that setting yet. working on that part of problem now. I don't want any calendar invites sent out by default. Ever. Any suggestions ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2