Thoughts on the Siri User Experience? Any ways to improve it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Siri works well for me whenever I use it. There are occasions when using it in conjunction with my car, that it hangs, but I attribute that to the vehicle. Aside from it, it works great, but I use Siri quite a bit so I'm used to communicating with it. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done for what I need it to do. As for how to improve it, I don't know. I'm sure Apple will continue to make it perform even better with each update.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I use Siri for making phone calls and starting my cook timer but it lacks when it comes to searching the net but it has gotten better over time

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The only problem I have with Siri is it not recognizing my accent. Other than that, it’s pretty easy to use. I just don’t use it that often.

dhatch007

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
Not on topic, but in the general "Frustration with Siri" dept. Have an Outlook-Siri question.

I use Iphone calendar that syncs with my Outlook. When I add calendar events involving people, Siri demands to know WHO it is exactly from my outlook contacts. Annoying, and even worse, it invites the person i choose, which is almost never my intention (looking for a setting here, but haven't located it yet... this is beyond annoying).
Example I want siri to set up a meeting or call with someone named John, and just put it in my calendar at the time I say. Why can't it just do that? Siri has to ask which John it is, and lists (and voices) all the Johns in my outlook contacts. And won't go further until it has a John from my outlook contacts. Wut? What if I don't have an outlook contact for the person? I still want to set it up. And don't like this extra unnecessary step. And.... If i don't choose one of them, it won't create!!. This (plus the annoying invite issue) is awful! I am using the Iphone calendar "client" which syncs with outlook from my work PC-office 365 (like millions of others). I use the iphone client so i CAN use Siri. Otherwise i can use the Outlook App (which does not work well with Siri for lots of other reasons).

This is unworkable as it is, hoping i simply need help with settings or exact Siri language commands.
I have not been able to find anything on point yet. Any thoughts ?

Skiwis

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I had issues using an extension cord while skiing. It took several button presses to activate Siri. It was took several tries to get the right click to start Siri and "Hey Siri" didn't work.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I tried to use Siri for about a day, it does not work well, I have it turned off everywhere I can, as something that half works is worse than nothing at all,

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I use Siri all day every day. Works well for me. I have it to make phone calls, emails, reminders and to search for information. I really enjoy it.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
För my kind of use I think Siri works excellent. I make phonacalls, text messages, reminders and so on and it works everytime

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods