Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    I used to be able to say "Go away, Siri" but these days, it has been reprogrammed to make me treat it as though it isn't software but has real feelings. I get the response "that isn't very polite" (which isn't very helpful).

So, I have to remember to say "Goodbye Siri" which, for some reason, gets picked up by other things I sometimes say. I also do not feel 'goodbye' is right, since I am keeping Siri with me but just don't want it listening. (For some reason, I don't have the same problem telling Siri to 'go away' .. I know that isn't consistent!)

I know I could probably edit the text of "Go away, Siri" to say "Goodbye Siri" but this could have unintended ramifications.

Is there any way (for a user without coding abiliity on the iPad) to add a command, even for an existing action, so that I can go back to telling Siri to go away (or maybe to something like "stop listening Siri")?
    Last edited by Douglas M; 09-25-2017 at 05:52 PM.
    09-25-2017 04:15 AM
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Both "go away Siri" & "goodbye Siri" achieve the same results for me ...
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-25-2017 07:48 AM
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Both "go away Siri" & "goodbye Siri" achieve the same results for me ...
    Same here. Just tested.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-25-2017 08:53 AM
    You seem to have a good iead what I'm talking about: you even managed a perfect test. You simply got different results, that's all.
    09-25-2017 05:54 PM
    Same here. Just tested.
    Interesting. I wonder what I did to change things, or what I can do about it.
    09-25-2017 05:55 PM
    I used to be able to say "Go away, Siri" but these days, it has been reprogrammed to make me treat it as though it isn't software but has real feelings. I get the response "that isn't very polite" (which isn't very helpful).

So, I have to remember to say "Goodbye Siri" which, for some reason, gets picked up by other things I sometimes say. I also do not feel 'goodbye' is right, since I am keeping Siri with me but just don't want it listening. (For some reason, I don't have the same problem telling Siri to 'go away' .. I know that isn't consistent!)

I know I could probably edit the text of "Go away, Siri" to say "Goodbye Siri" but this could have unintended ramifications.

Is there any way (for a user without coding abiliity on the iPad) to add a command, even for an existing action, so that I can go back to telling Siri to go away (or maybe to something like "stop listening Siri")?
    Sure. If you’re running iOS 11, go to Settings→ Siri & Search, and then disable the toggle next to “Listen for Hey Siri”.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-25-2017 06:13 PM