Siri Issue

JB029

May 11, 2017
Visit site
I like having the "Hey, Siri" function turned on because it's really helpful when I'm driving, but my son's name is Harry and whenever I say "Yes Harry" (which is quite a lot really) Siri thinks I'm talking to her. Any ideas on how to teach her the difference? or edit the Hey Siri function to some other trigger?

Thanks

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

My suggestion would be to try asking Siri in a different way. Rephrase your statement. Unfortunately Siri can not be edited.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I like having the "Hey, Siri" function turned on because it's really helpful when I'm driving, but my son's name is Harry and whenever I say "Yes Harry" (which is quite a lot really) Siri thinks I'm talking to her. Any ideas on how to teach her the difference? or edit the Hey Siri function to some other trigger?

Thanks

Try going through its voice recognition procedure again. Disable the Hey Siri option in the settings, wait about a minute, and then re-enable it. You should be prompted to go to through the voice recognition process.

JB029

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Thanks :) I did the voice recognition thing again and just changed my pronunciation of Siri slightly, then said "Yes Harry" a few times and it doesn't seem confused any more. Hopefully this works out :)

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a cat named “Zuri.” Same thing here. Every time my wife or I say my cat’s name, Siri pops up on our respective Apple devices. It’s funny at first.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have a cat named “Zuri.” Same thing here. Every time my wife or I say my cat’s name, Siri pops up on our respective Apple devices. It’s funny at first.

Very interesting. I just said the word “Zuri” several times and my phone never responded. I even said “Siri” several times and nothing. “Hey Siri” responds just fine. Do you have “Listen for ‘Hey Siri’ “ enabled? If not, turn it on and this issue may go away.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I turned “Hey Siri” off and then on again, and went through the setup again. It works better now, but still mistakes “Zuri” with “Siri” from time to time. It is what it is. We didn’t think of this when naming our cat.
f79ac6e6eea60603c54cb0be54986593.jpg

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I turned “Hey Siri” off and then on again, and went through the setup again. It works better now, but still mistakes “Zuri” with “Siri” from time to time. It is what it is. We didn’t think of this when naming our cat.
f79ac6e6eea60603c54cb0be54986593.jpg

Does the cat ever answer to "Hey Siri" ? :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro