Siri Expansion, who agrees more languages and countries should be added?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Siri Expansion

Who agrees Siri needs more languages and countries added. here in Ireland we dont have an Irish Siri for the Irish Language and the accent which is disappointing i hope apple change this. i dont know what it is about Ireland and Apple but we never get any cool features for example when iTunes radio first launched we never received that either. we have Apple Music now but they give it to the UK why not Ireland too. I know Ireland is a different country to the UK but its just as easy to give Ireland these features too. This is one thing that annoys me about Apple

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Siri Expansion

I just wish SIRI understood questions in plain English.

It'll happen eventually but we are at least a few years out before virtual assistants can really interpret natural language. Siri is actually the worst of all of them IMO.

Last edited:

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Siri Expansion

Yeah true. But it would be nice to have the option. We still haven't Apple Pay here in Ireland either

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Apple Pay is Apples Payment system you put your card into there wallet app enter your details and then go and pay in stores or online once they have a contactless terminal its pretty cool

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Just as easy pay with monies or debit card.

It's not just about convenience. Apple Pay, or tokenization in general, is a lot more secure than swiping a debit or credit card to make a purchase. And if you regularly use Apple Pay and know what you're doing it's actually much quicker than using a card or cash.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Apple Pay is like you stick your iPhone out and click, it's done. No card to keep up with or lose. Nothing to sign. Just click, and your done.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Debit cards and credit cards can also be used without your consent if the employee doesn't take care to check it's actually you who owns it. Apple Pay, to my knowledge, requires your phone to be accessed. Much more secure if you have Touch ID enabled. I'm not positive that it only works with Touch ID as it's not available in the country I'm in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR