Why can't Siri perform any tasks that require current location (Jailbroken)?

I

iMore Question

Siri can't perform any tasks that require current location (Jailbroken)

On my jailbroken iPhone 6, Siri can't perform any location-related tasks, and it just says "I don't know where you are" or "I can't get your current location"
I uninstalled any tweaks that work with location services. Also, location services is enabled for Siri in privacy settings. I already tried a hard reset.

Anything I can do, possibly in iFile, before I have to restore and re-jailbreak?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Siri can't perform any tasks that require current location (Jailbroken)

Does the Maps app locate you correctly? Check that before restoring... You could have an issue with the phone's GPS.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Disable any location related tweak you have installed

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Try doing a trial and error proof for yourself in Cydia. Disable all tweaks, see if it works. If it does work, then enable tweaks one by one and check if it still works. You can also go to safe environment of Cydia, if I remember correctly.

mozbius

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site

On my jailbroken iPhone 6, Siri can't perform any location-related tasks, and it just says "I don't know where you are" or "I can't get your current location"
I uninstalled any tweaks that work with location services. Also, location services is enabled for Siri in privacy settings. I already tried a hard reset.

Anything I can do, possibly in iFile, before I have to restore and re-jailbreak?

mozbius

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site

Funny enough I have the exact same problem! Siri can't find my location but Maps and all other apps can. I'm on Fido in Montreal with an iPhone 6. I have this feeling that the jailbreak has something to do with this. The problem though is that Apple doesn't sign iOS 8.4 restores anymore so restoring will result in a jailbreak lost.

I have installed both :
-Assistant Unrestrictor (dev told be it had nothing to do with my problem)
-UntetheredHeySiri (waiting for a feedback from the dev)

Uninstalling both didn't resolve my situation. I have this feeling that Siri location aware functions related files may have been corrupted by Cydia packages.

mozbius

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site

Holly crap!!!! I can't believe it!!!! I made it work when trying to in safe mode!!!!

Try this:
"Home+Sleep" until the Apple logo appears
Quickly let go "Home+Sleep" and hold on to Volume+ Until the phone is loaded.

Strangely enough while doing this my phone screen flashed once all blue when showing the Apple logo and never actually went to safe mode. Also UntetheredHeySiri still works but SwipeSelect doesn't ... Weird...

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Jailbroken here iPhone 6 and Siri does find my location easily.
There have to be a tweak or something that prevent Siri to find your location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mozbius

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Obviously there is a substrate file that gets loaded which disables Siri's GPS... Now the question is how to figure which one...

In the past SBSettings had this mobile substrates individual control feature which eased troubleshooting of broken/conflicting substrates... Unfortunately SBSettings hasn't been updated for a while.

mozbius

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Aaron have you installed UntetheredHeySiri following iPhone 6s announcements (trying to mimic the new iOS9 "hey Siri" untethered function) by any chance?

mozbius

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Problem fixed here (at least temporarily). I think that UntetheredHeySiri was the problem but I can't guarantee since everything appears to be working now (UntetheredHeySiri + Assistant Unrestrictor included).

I've uninstalled UntetheredHeySiri + Assistant Unrestrictor then used ICleaner Pro and disabled all substrate packages (except Substrate safe mode, RocketBootstrap, AppSync Unified) then re-enabled 2 or 3 packages at a time respringing every time and testing Siri GPS based fucntions each time. Eventually all packages were turned on. I then I intsalled UntetheredHeySiri tested some more then Assistant Unrestrictor... Where did everything go wrong I have no clue. In all cases I'll keep ICleaner on the side just in case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal