Is it possible to put a filter on Siri so my child can't access everything it would search for? We use Mobicip with filters for regular browing on his ipod touch and it works great, but I can't find what browser Siri uses. Even if we can't use Mobicip with Siri, I'd like to know if setting any filter on Siri is possible. There is so much junk out there, I want my son to be able to use it, but not be able to look up rated r movies, and other things that siri might mistake for a question and bring up questionable material he can click on and get to.
    Thanks so much.
    06-19-2013 12:17 PM
    Siri will use the Safari browser. As for your other concern, there is an option to turn off "Explicit Language" for Siri in the Restrictions Settings, but I'm not sure if that would prevent Siri from searching explicit sites via the web.
    06-19-2013 12:27 PM
    I will try that step. I am amazed at how challenging it is to get this info online and I have searched for hours. I know I'm not the only parent trying to figure this out. Wish it was easier. We have mobicip as the browser he uses for general searches on his ipod touch, so I don't know how to set up restrictions in Safari because from what I know, they apply to mobicip - wondering if we have to nix mobicip as our browser on his ipod and switch to safari and then the restrictions we set up for general browsing will apply to Siri as well. Anyone know? I've turned on Safari on my iphone even though mobicip is the main browser we have set up and I have the restrictions set up on my phone for content to allow (it's set on for young children) and it is still allowing sexually explicit pics to come through. If we switched everything to Safari and took mobicip off, would it not allow that then and apply to Siri as well to not allow explicit sites to go through? Thanks so much for your help.
    06-24-2013 11:48 AM