Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
That same software and voice is used by the state of Maine for
traffic conditions on the turnpike - we heard it and my wife immediately
said, "it's Siri" !!!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You can get the "Siri" voice for Macs to use as the system's default for voice to text features... yes, I have it. :)

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but Siri's voice definitely sounds different on different devices. It goes from choppy and robotic, to smooth and life like. I call it V1, and V2 respectively.

If you listen to V2, the smooth voice, with the volume low, it sounds like a whisper.

After 200 views and no discussion, I just took the video down. Only after does someone want to reply.

Last edited:

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but Siri's voice definitely sounds different on different devices. It goes from choppy and robotic, to smooth and life like. I call it V1, and V2 respectively.

If you listen to V2, the smooth voice, with the volume low, it sounds like a whisper.

After 200 views and no discussion, I just took the video down. Only after does someone want to reply.

Who knows the 201th may be the one to reply here, patience is the key to lots of mysteries in the world!

CylonJason

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So how do I update the Siri voice in my iPad to be the same modern version that's on my iPhone? They're both running the same latest software version iOS 7.1.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So how do I update the Siri voice in my iPad to be the same modern version that's on my iPhone? They're both running the same latest software version iOS 7.1.
I haven't checked my iPad Mini yet, but can you not go to Settings - General - Siri and then change the "Voice Gender"?