What's your most common Siri command?

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Normally setting the timer for cooking purposes or sending my wife a message when I'm stuck in traffic. The former works reliably. The latter, eh.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Other than asking her stupid stuff and amusing myself with her answers, I use her a lot to compose text messages and set alarms and reminders.

zafarkim

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
For me, it's just setting the alarm at 7AM. For some reason, Siri always fails me whenever I try to dish out commands when I'm trying to show off in front of my non-iphone using friends.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Top 3 most used

50%
1. What's the UV index
2. Play this song
3. Geographical / calculations "How many seconds since 1990?"

50%
Personal questions "What are you doing?" "Why" even though I never get any actual answers.

I don't consider the personal questions silly. I really want Siri to know more about me. What I do, why I do it, when I do it, and who I'm doing it with.

Last edited:

benjimen

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Timers & Alarms... Great for parking meters.

Once you name your alarms, you can turn on/off or change by name, ie: change my wake up alarm to 9am... turn on my siesta alarm...

Weather forecasts, current conditions, current wind speed. Initiating internet searches. What time is it in [where ever]. What day does [any major holiday] fall on this year, or, in a particular year.

Texting is great, and extremely accurate -- holding the phone to your ear makes it seem like you're talking on the phone.

Overall, very useful, though I'm barely scratching the surface of what all Siri can do: More Fun With Siri Dictation ? Jim Rhoades / Crush Apps

Last edited:

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
"Call my wife"

-OK, calling Mike McGuinness

"NO"

"Call my wife"

-OK, calling Mike O'Neill

"NO NO NO"

"Call My Wife"

- I'm sorry, I can't find 'Papa Murphy's Pizza." Would you like me to search the web?

"NO!!!!!"

"Call my wife"

-Ok, calling James Blake

"NO!"

Then I reach over and manually dial the number.

That's my most common Siri command (manually doing whatever it is that she was unable to do).

Occasionally, Siri actually works, and that's a cool novelty.

ROFC. I have a love/hate relationship w/ Siri. So days she's a pain in my a$$ & other days are great. Although I'm from Oklahoma & live in Tennessee....I know I don't twang y'all :rolleyes:.

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Top 3 most used

50%
1. What's the UV index
2. Play this song
3. Geographical / calculations "How many seconds since 1990?"

50%
Personal questions "What are you doing?" "Why" even though I never get any actual answers.

I don't consider the personal questions silly. I really want Siri to know more about me. What I do, why I do it, when I do it, and who I'm doing it with.

Interesting....you really trust Siri. Some things are meant to stay in Vegas. J/K

salpiche

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
"Call my wife"

-OK, calling Mike McGuinness

"NO"

"Call my wife"

-OK, calling Mike O'Neill

"NO NO NO"

"Call My Wife"

- I'm sorry, I can't find 'Papa Murphy's Pizza." Would you like me to search the web?

"NO!!!!!"

"Call my wife"

-Ok, calling James Blake

"NO!"

Then I reach over and manually dial the number.

That's my most common Siri command (manually doing whatever it is that she was unable to do).

Occasionally, Siri actually works, and that's a cool novelty.

I love it when I tell Siri to "call mom" and it replies with "what Burger King do you want me to call"

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Mainly use Siri to turn on and off wifi, change the brightness and open apps. I also use it to check the weather and time overseas. I have it read my texts and call people too.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Mainly use Siri to turn on and off wifi

Sherlock, I just tried this at my house.
I manually turned off Wi-Fi in Settings.
I asked Siri to "turn on Wi-Fi".
And she told me she couldn't find any hotspots.

Same reply when I asked to turn it off.

Any clues

rainynight65

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Any clues

The man is using a jailbroken device. There are a bunch of tweaks to enhance Siri's functionality.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

Any clues

I jailbroke and am using MyAssistant. Siritoggles also works. For years I was stock and now it's amazing I can pretty much do anything I can imagine or need my phone to do. I only use things that add functionality and diminish annoyances...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2