Hey all, I was talking to someone about this yesterday - I'm curious as to what everyone thinks the chances are that Siri comes to the iPhone 4 as a legitimate feature, not a jailbroken one. Thoughts?
    01-01-2012 01:10 PM
    Officially, never. That's a main draw for the 4S, causing you to want one, you in turn buy one, putting money in Apple's pocket.
    01-01-2012 05:30 PM
    Hey all, I was talking to someone about this yesterday - I'm curious as to what everyone thinks the chances are that Siri comes to the iPhone 4 as a legitimate feature, not a jailbroken one. Thoughts?
    i do not think so, i think it is not Apple priority now... maybe later, when iPhone 5 will be launched...
    01-01-2012 06:40 PM
    I don't think that it will ever happen. Cause Siri is one of the main selling points of the 4s.
    01-02-2012 08:49 AM
    Once it gets out of beta, anything is possible.
    01-02-2012 10:06 PM
    They have with a jailbroken 4
    01-02-2012 11:32 PM
    honestly, after seeing people with it and being so used to functioning without it, i wouldnt even use it. they have apps like it for my blackberry, and i never ended up using them. i saw them more of a novelty.
    01-03-2012 02:33 AM
    I use it a lot more than I thought... Not all the time but certain things I do use Siri for and she's such a smart *** too lol
    01-03-2012 03:22 AM
    They have with a jailbroken 4
    But you still need a 4S for a proxy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-03-2012 03:23 AM
    Doubt it, would be a good idea tho
    01-03-2012 09:30 AM
    Probably never.

If it came to the 4, then no-one would buy the 4s.

And apple really REAAAAALLLYYY likes money.
    01-03-2012 11:21 AM
    I found some instructions for porting Siri to iPad/iPhone 4/3gs/3g/iTouch with proxy lists on ipadshouse[dot]com
    01-04-2012 08:24 AM
    0.00% chance.
    01-04-2012 08:31 AM
    One can always hope.
    01-05-2012 11:23 PM
    It's clearly a marketing strategy on Apple's part. Here's to hoping!
    01-06-2012 04:40 PM
    I doubt it. If Siri were brought to the iP4 the only difference compared to the iP4s would be the camera. Yes, people would make the jump because of the better camera like my sister. But a majority of people wouldn't. I wouldn't get my hopes up. I' am confident however that Siri is here to stay though. Maybe rename her or call her Siri 2.0, maybe not. I just have a gut feeling that customizations to Siri are coming. For example, changing her name, her voice and maybe even the way she answers the user. They can do a lot with Siri.

If you want Siri, wait for the iP5. My girlfriend bought the 4s, but I see it hardly worth upgrading from the 4 unless you're that affluent.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-07-2012 11:23 PM
    I just don't see what all the excitement is about. My friends that were "smart" enough to upgrade from the 4 to the 4S are somewhat organized, but they never use Siri for anything. They're so used to using to-do apps or manually setting up alarms/reminders that they don't even bother with Siri. Plus, it just looks strange when you're out and about talking to your phone. You like to think nobody notices...but they do haha
    01-08-2012 02:59 AM
    It is a new piece of technology I am sure the whole "talking to your phone" will be a norm in a few years, remember when bluetooth earpieces hit the market, I thought people were talking to them selves at times until it became popular and convenient.
    01-08-2012 10:32 PM
    It is a new piece of technology I am sure the whole "talking to your phone" will be a norm in a few years, remember when bluetooth earpieces hit the market, I thought people were talking to them selves at times until it became popular and convenient.
    I don't like the idea of Bluetooth unless you're using it as a hands free thing inside a vehicle. Otherwise, stop being lazy and hold your phone up to your ear if you're going to have a conversation. If people are doing something with their hands and trying to keep up a conversation chances are they're still not giving the full attention to what they should be doing cuz they're focused on the conversation. I'm sure we can all recall standing in line behind someone and they're lost in the convo and not coherent enough to give their order or remember to swipe a card after ordering etc. It's rather annoying. Granted its probably not the most worthwhile argument or point of view, but I rarely see people walking around with Bluetooth.

I certainly couldn't justify buying an overly expensive half of a pair of headphones. I just think it looks retarded all together. Siri will wear off According to the majority of people who bought the 4S. I think Android has had this feature or something like it before apple announced it and it didn't have a major life changing effect.

Sent from my iPhone that was once black, but now has a voided warranty and a little blue dot at the bottom right of the screen using Tapatalk
    01-08-2012 11:01 PM
    I have Siri on my iPhone 4 for a week now with no problems and it works flawlessly..however I made a 10.00 donation to get connected to the server...sirisn0w.com is your answer if anyone is interested
    01-09-2012 07:41 AM
    I don't think it's ever going to happen. I think it'll come to iPad 2, but not iPhone 4
    01-12-2012 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD