HELP! Siri is drowning

Philbaines

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Had my 4S replaced on thursday and when I got home I tested Siri out and ,best way to describe the problem is Siri sounds underwater.

After setting up as new I had no joy.
Booked in to see a genius and started a restore from backup.
Everything went fine and Siri sounded back to normal.

Today I had other problems with the phone and was told to restore the phone as new again. The problem with Siri came back.

Now I have restored from every backup I have,setup a new user on my pc and downloaded 5.0.1 and I'm still getting this problem!

Can anyone advise me what to do?
I cannot understand how it was working one min and I do a restore and it's messed up again.

Phil.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Had my 4S replaced on thursday and when I got home I tested Siri out and ,best way to describe the problem is Siri sounds underwater.

After setting up as new I had no joy.
Booked in to see a genius and started a restore from backup.
Everything went fine and Siri sounded back to normal.

Today I had other problems with the phone and was told to restore the phone as new again. The problem with Siri came back.

Now I have restored from every backup I have,setup a new user on my pc and downloaded 5.0.1 and I'm still getting this problem!

Can anyone advise me what to do?
I cannot understand how it was working one min and I do a restore and it's messed up again.

Phil.

does anything else coming from the speaker sound like its underwater or is it only siri? reason I ask is I wonder if its a problem with your speaker..

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
music doesnt sound to bad but there is a hissing sort of noise

If you have tried restoring as new and everything I would say your next step is to take it to a apple store.. Unfortunately there isn't much to try by us but restoring and rebooting..

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you may have a problem with the speaker. Before you get the phone replaced, you may want to restore as new. If there is a corrupted file causing it (which it doesn't really sound like, but maybe) when you restore from a backup the corrupted file goes right back on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Philbaines

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I did restore from new which fixed the problem for a few days.

But today when I restored from new to try fix another problem it's gone back to sounding bad!

That's what I cannot understand...restoring from back up-yer prob a dodgy file but restoring from new?? It was working fine up until I set the phone up as new

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I did restore from new which fixed the problem for a few days.

But today when I restored from new to try fix another problem it's gone back to sounding bad!

That's what I cannot understand...restoring from back up-yer prob a dodgy file but restoring from new?? It was working fine up until I set the phone up as new

as I suggested its probably in your best interest to visit an apple store at this point they will probably replace the phone..

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Probably too late but if you still have your phone check this:
Plug your phone into the 30 pin connector and while something is playing through the speaker, wiggle the 30 pin connected cord at the base of the phone while doing Siri. The thinking is the connector is "aggravating" the speaker solder joint and plugging/unplugging to do the restores either fixes or un-fixes the issue.

Philbaines

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
so quick update....

went into the store and they swaped the phone.
the new phone i got had the same problem and i was told by a "genius" thats how siri was.
After i told them it wasnt like that with my first phone i was fed aload of rubbish.

on the way out of the store i tested a demo phone,and it sounded great and nothing like mine.
Had a manger come to me and she even said that there was a problem and i needed another phone.

so back to the bar for another phone,and that one was the same.

guy said i need take it up with applecare as they couldnt keep giving me new phones.

ticked off isnt the word,completly disapointed in apple,they could hear the problem and yet didnt fix the problem.

(all these phones were straight out the box-no backups on them)

Philbaines

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Its like 60mile round trips everytime i go.

Been told to call apple customer relations tomorrow and to get them to send me one by post.

Philbaines

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Just gone to do you a video and it's only working!

All I did was restore it from my backup!

I'm completely lost to what's going on here!

Philbaines

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Just a little update.

This problem seems to be intermittent.after several chats with customer relations and getting "fobbed" of it's resulted in me getting a call from Crispin lowery (head of retail in the UK) and I'm waiting from a call from CR tomorrow morning to sort out a new retail phone.

So far I have learnt that I won't be going back to the apple store in the Trafford centre,UK.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.395997,-2.583218

Last edited:

kenhiraihnl

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, my Siri works and sounds great. However, my wife's and my friend's Siri is virtually useless. Their Siri cannot understand commands, reply with questions instead of answers, etc. I'm thankful for my Siri, which is very useful for calling, searching, etc., but cannot help my wife and friend. I've tried using their 4s, and experience the same frustration that they feel.

Philbaines

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Well I have just received another call from chrispin and he's in my local store tomorrow and is going to arrange for me to pick up a retail phone from there on Wednesday.

He even give me his own mobile number if I have any problem's ( now there's that customer service apple are known for)
Just glad to be getting a phone that works,I hope!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods