since I don't have a 4s and I'll be waiting till the next model just have one question. When you use Siri in the car or whatever so it reads out texts/emails and will reply do you still have to turn it on with the double tap home button?
    Siri is activated on the phone with a long hold of the home button. I use Siri in my car with the standard apple earbuds - you activate it with the middle button. I assume it's similar with a bluetooth device.
    11-10-2011 12:44 PM
    I don't use it too much. Just for sending texts when I'm driving and simple stuff like that
    11-10-2011 12:50 PM
    Since I've shown the kids how to set a timer with Siri, there's no more squabbling about when the phone should be passed to the next player. Priceless! I also use it to set calendar events and add items to my shopping list as I think of 'em. Siri is quite useful as-is, but I look forward to the day when it's able to launch apps, change settings (brightness, etc), and read incoming emails.
    11-10-2011 01:02 PM
    FaceTime is still an amazing feature on the phone if you use it or not. Even if you use it once a month it's still so cool to FaceTime someone and I garentee when the iPhone is capable of using 4G someday you won't even have to connect to wifi to use facetime
    Even with people I know where we both have Macs, we both have iPhone 4, we both have iPads, we do not use FaceTime. Not sure why, but we always use Skype!

If Apple implemented iMessage into iChat and made FaceTime directly a part of iChat I think FaceTime would get a LOT more usage than it does now.
    11-10-2011 04:23 PM
    so, is everyone still using Siri like day one?
    I didn't use it on day one and still don't use it.

Seems like it would be useful in the car but I can't get Siri to send messages or dial via Google Voice.
    11-10-2011 09:12 PM
    Everyday. It feels like they are updating it everyday because mines seems to be responding better to my voice!
    11-12-2011 08:08 AM
    I still use Siri. I love using her to set the timer while I'm cooking. Also to call my contacts. And for texting when I'm driving. I use her for other things as well, but it's not always on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-12-2011 09:03 AM
    I love using Siri to add items to my grocery list. Makes it so easy!
    11-12-2011 01:55 PM
    I need to get into the habit of using it more. It can be so useful.
    Same... I would set a lot more alarms/reminders if I remembered to use it.
    11-12-2011 02:40 PM
    Mostly still use her when I'm driving,
    11-12-2011 10:52 PM
    Same... I would set a lot more alarms/reminders if I remembered to use it.
    Agreed! She really is very useful! Reading this reminded me to have Siri set a few reminders for me tomorrow. So much easier than doing it myself!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-12-2011 11:08 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD