Use it all the time in car. Works great.
    11-04-2011 12:04 PM
    Day one? No. All I did was ask it stupid question.

I don't use it as much as I thought I would. I thought it would be great in my car, but I can shuffle my music or play a playlist as fast as Siri. I only really send text when I drive and check the weather every once in awhile.
    11-04-2011 12:11 PM
    I use it all the time. She's good about reading texts to me and is perfect when I dictate what to write back. I've asked her to set reminders and alarms for me and does it flawlessly. I've also asked her my fair share of stupid questions, just to see what she'd say. All in all, I love Siri and use it every day whether it's to ask her if I'll need an umbrella or tell her I'm a suicide bomber and watch her tell me she found mental health clinics near my house.
    11-04-2011 12:31 PM
    I find myself using it regularly a week and a half later. Mostly for reminders. I'm asked to do things or pick things up on my way out the door for work. So, Siri is perfect for me to remember my on the go "to do's". On the way out, I asked her to remind me at 9:00 to call "Dr X". Not only did she remind me, but was ready to place the call for me. Very useful.
    papadonna likes this.
    11-04-2011 02:12 PM
    I still am using it all the time. I use the dictation feature all the time. And setting the alarms and creating calendar events with my voice is great.
    Same here. I also use the timer and reminders several times each day.
    11-04-2011 02:24 PM
    Whats FaceTime? LOL!

Yeah, I think it'll end up like FaceTime.... I barely use Siri already; I was using it a lot.
    11-04-2011 09:49 PM
    Whats FaceTime? LOL!

Yeah, I think it'll end up like FaceTime.... I barely use Siri already; I was using it a lot.
    I think it'll be used more then FaceTime, but not for stupid stuff. I love using Siri to send my texts for me, and setting up appointments. I really think I'll keep using it for that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-04-2011 09:55 PM
    I use it to set alarm clocks and text a bit when I'm moving. Siri wasn't the reason I got the phone though so its just a bonus.
    11-04-2011 10:26 PM
    Other than the playing around stuff, I use it more and more everyday.

I use it all throughout the day for reminders, including adding things to my shopping list. I guess the more I realize it can do the more I remember to use it.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=26.776610,-80.288398
    leharris22 likes this.
    11-04-2011 10:40 PM
    It is absolutely the fastest way to look up wiki pages and doing google (or yahoo, bing) searches.
    Geat for setting appointments & reminders.
    Really great for using the keyboard mic to dictate what you want to type. It seems to be more accurate than the assistant even though it's using the server for the recognition.
    11-05-2011 02:17 AM
    The novelty wore off fairly quick, it's not like Siri is the first of its kind.

I tried to use it yesterday with sending and reading texts through a BT headset, and because the sms thread was open, it never registered as a new message to Siri, so I kept getting "there are no new text messages" as a response.

So, I'll use it sparingly for setting alarms, reminders, playing a specific song, and maybe sending a quick text to a family member; but I think that'll be about it.
    11-05-2011 11:36 AM
    Not at all. When I first got into asked some really dumb stuff to just mess with it. Now I use it as intended and find it very useful.
    11-05-2011 12:06 PM
    [QUOTE=Tammster;1799291]Other than the playing around stuff, I use it more and more everyday.

I use it all throughout the day for reminders, including adding things to my shopping list. I guess the more I realize it can do the more I remember to use it.

---

I've been the same way. At first, mostly just for reminders, then I started having her send texts, and now that I've got my music all set up, I've started using her to to play music while I'm driving. Much safer than scrolling through myself!

I'm excited to see how the technology advances. Once siri figures out better how to understand the stuff I ask to look up online, rather than just find a website, I'll use her for trivia all the time
    11-07-2011 11:54 AM
    I need to get into the habit of using it more. It can be so useful.
    11-07-2011 04:21 PM
    I use it every day. Of course, day one was a lot of "playing" around and trying things out.

But, I set appointments and reminders every day with it. IO am in my car a lot. So, I like being able to simply speak those actions. I do a few things. But, I do them often
    same for me here too. i'm always running some where to go do this or that, and well i'm one of those people that will NOT tx or talk on a cell ph while driving. period. SO its soooo very convenient to have Siri to talk to

I just got my 4S on Friday, and i've been taking advantage of this option to send tx msgs, make calls(on speaker ph only), set calendar, set reminders....it great and extremely useful !!
    11-07-2011 04:43 PM
    I actually use it more now...which is surprising because i thought it would be something that faded with the newness...i use it to text ALL the time, and have recently started to use it on the road to find things, which has been more hit than miss in my case.
    11-07-2011 06:11 PM
    Not at all. I forget it's there 90% of the time.
    11-08-2011 06:19 AM
    I continue to use Siri several times a week, but not near like I did on day one. Very handy when it works. Can't wait to see what it will bring when it graduates beta...
    11-08-2011 07:18 AM
    I got so tired of Siri telling me it couldn't connect to the network that I gave up completely. I set my appointments and reminders in Outlook so the only about all I tried to do with Siri was look stuff up and I found AroundMe to work quicker and more accurately. The last time I tried Siri (and actually got to the server) I asked for directions to a restaurant called El Encante. Despite numerous attempts on my part Siri kept thinking I was saying Hell instead of El. For beta software it seems remarkably capable but I'll wait until its more polished before I frustrate myself any further.
    11-08-2011 10:30 AM
    I use Siri often. Especially when it comes to reminders or adding something to my calendar. Every now and then I'll use it to text. I can see myself using it more as time goes on. Really convenient having that option on the phone.
    11-08-2011 11:25 AM
    I've had it fail quite a few times but I just used it sitting here on my couch about 10 times. Did searches, asked for directions, asked it math problems, and sent out a verbal text to 2 friends at a time. Worked perfect every time. Damn, when it works it really works. My last phone was an LG Lotus. This is like another world.
    11-08-2011 01:45 PM
    I've used Siri to play with it, but then again I haven't had my iPhone very long...... I don't even know what FaceTime is!
    11-09-2011 02:59 PM
    I only use it for 3 things:

1. Txting in the car. I text a lot and it is nice to have it read my txts and reply for me.
    2. Setting reminders and shopping lists
    3. Playing with my kids asking her funny things.

I will also now use her to go to my settings for BT and WiFi to turn them off and on easily.
    11-09-2011 04:24 PM
    Not at all. I forget it's there 90% of the time.
    this.

i never use it. starting to think upgrading from the 4 was a waste...
    11-09-2011 07:07 PM
    I will also now use her to go to my settings for BT and WiFi to turn them off and on easily.
    Me too, thanks to you!!
    11-10-2011 06:59 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD