Lets hear it, Siri ! The good , the bad, the ugly .

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Tried again. Can't search for restaraunts in Canada either.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 using Tapatalk

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I saw something like a week ago that talks about Siri not being available in Canada.. it was like a screenshot or something from their site.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I saw something like a week ago that talks about Siri not being available in Canada.. it was like a screenshot or something from their site.

I remember reading that, but Apple said it would be when asked. Maybe not fully right away though.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 using Tapatalk

BMWGSrider

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
My local Verizon store opened at 8am this morning. I got in line at 6:30am and there were only two guys ahead of me. They opened the store about ten minutes early and by 8:05 I was heading out the door with my new 4S.

Siri worked great all morning, really fast and very, very cool. This afternoon it has been painfully slow, and many times I get the "I am having trouble connecting to the network" message. I am assuming that it must be because everyone that pre-ordered got their phone today, along with a lot of folks picking them up in the stores. I am hoping that it will improve over time, either through more capacity, or not so many folks playing with it at the same time. The rest of the phone is pretty cool, but if Siri doesn't end up working much better my phone will be going back to Verizon before 30 days is up.

Reactions: Appletitude

Toochief

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is something wrong?

Siri worked great until the last hour. Now it and my speech to text don't work. Anyone else experiencing this

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I think it's the fact that 1,000,000+ people are probably trying Siri at once and she's starting to feel sore.... Hahaha

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4s using Siri.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it's the fact that 1,000,000+ people are probably trying Siri at once and she's starting to feel sore.... Hahaha

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4s using Siri.

This seems like a good explanation. Siri was the first thing that I used on my way home.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
My Siri was giving me trouble around the same time. I'm pretty sure it's just all the people using it at once. But this is a feature that people will probably use most of the time that they're using the phone so they better invest in servers and hardware and get it ready for permanent overtime!

Other than that little 30 minute period of malfunctioning Siri has been all that I could hope for! I told her that I love here and she said, "You don't even know me!" My son was on the floor crying because he was laughing so hard!

Last edited:

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
My Siri was giving me trouble around the same time. I'm pretty sure it's just all the people using it at once. But this is a feature that people will probably use most of the time that they're using the phone so they better invest in servers and hardware and get it ready for permanent overtime!

I agree. Well said. It's. Key differentiator from the iPhone 4 that a lot of people were looking forward to in an upgrade.

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
siri is great. my son was playing with it a lot. he said "ha ha" siri responded "hee hee". another time she respond "LOL"

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Me: Do you love me?
Siri: I'm not allowed to.

Me: What's your favorite color?
Siri: My favorit color is... well, I don't know how to say it in your language. It's sort of greenish, but with more dimensions.

Me: Will you marry me?
Siri: We hardly know one another.

Me: What's the meaning of life?
Siri: I can't answer that now, but give me some time to write a very long play in which nothing happens.

Me: Am I pretty?
Siri: I would prefer not to say.

Me: Do you like me?
Siri: This is about you, Leanna, not me.

Me. I love you.
Siri: You are the wind beneath my wings.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I think my Siri is f-ing brain dead. Everything I ask her, she says "I'm not sure what you mean by that". I'm just asking her to regular stuff like play a song. How do you guys get your Siri to respond to you?:mad:

FYI: I just noticed that when I took my Otterbox off my phone it understands me. I guess maybe because is an Otterbox for the iPhone 4 maybe it was covering up something? Also, did anyone notice if you tell Siri relationships, it puts them under your name in contacts under weird catagories? My daughter is now listed under "manager" and my mom is listed under "spouse".

Last edited:

dysfunction

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think Apple's servers were getting slammed. When I first tried it, it was really slow and unresponsive. I thought it might be because my apps and media were still getting synced over, but even once that completed it was still slow, and totally failing half the time. Now it's working perfectly, instantaneous replies, always transcribes my speech perfectly, and almost always knows what I'm asking. Try asking Siri her favorite color, btw.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2