Lets hear it, Siri ! The good , the bad, the ugly .
    Siri: One match found:

Siri is great and so is this theme song, lol.
    10-14-2011 07:35 PM
    everything I say so far she says somethings gone wrong can you try that again. i have to be missing something.
    10-14-2011 07:38 PM
    My local Verizon store opened at 8am this morning. I got in line at 6:30am and there were only two guys ahead of me. They opened the store about ten minutes early and by 8:05 I was heading out the door with my new 4S.

Siri worked great all morning, really fast and very, very cool. This afternoon it has been painfully slow, and many times I get the "I am having trouble connecting to the network" message. I am assuming that it must be because everyone that pre-ordered got their phone today, along with a lot of folks picking them up in the stores. I am hoping that it will improve over time, either through more capacity, or not so many folks playing with it at the same time. The rest of the phone is pretty cool, but if Siri doesn't end up working much better my phone will be going back to Verizon before 30 days is up.
    Appletitude likes this.
    10-14-2011 07:39 PM
    never mind its working awesome hahah
    10-14-2011 07:40 PM
    Siri worked great until the last hour. Now it and my speech to text don't work. Anyone else experiencing this
    10-14-2011 07:55 PM
    I think it's the fact that 1,000,000+ people are probably trying Siri at once and she's starting to feel sore.... Hahaha

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4s using Siri.
    10-14-2011 08:08 PM
    I think it's the fact that 1,000,000+ people are probably trying Siri at once and she's starting to feel sore.... Hahaha

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4s using Siri.
    This seems like a good explanation. Siri was the first thing that I used on my way home.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    10-14-2011 08:20 PM
    My Siri was giving me trouble around the same time. I'm pretty sure it's just all the people using it at once. But this is a feature that people will probably use most of the time that they're using the phone so they better invest in servers and hardware and get it ready for permanent overtime!

Other than that little 30 minute period of malfunctioning Siri has been all that I could hope for! I told her that I love here and she said, "You don't even know me!" My son was on the floor crying because he was laughing so hard!
    Last edited by robes1; 10-14-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    10-14-2011 08:33 PM
    My Siri was giving me trouble around the same time. I'm pretty sure it's just all the people using it at once. But this is a feature that people will probably use most of the time that they're using the phone so they better invest in servers and hardware and get it ready for permanent overtime!
    I agree. Well said. It's. Key differentiator from the iPhone 4 that a lot of people were looking forward to in an upgrade.
    10-14-2011 08:42 PM
    siri is great. my son was playing with it a lot. he said "ha ha" siri responded "hee hee". another time she respond "LOL"
    10-14-2011 08:44 PM
    Me: Do you love me?
    Siri: I'm not allowed to.

Me: What's your favorite color?
    Siri: My favorit color is... well, I don't know how to say it in your language. It's sort of greenish, but with more dimensions.

Me: Will you marry me?
    Siri: We hardly know one another.

Me: What's the meaning of life?
    Siri: I can't answer that now, but give me some time to write a very long play in which nothing happens.

Me: Am I pretty?
    Siri: I would prefer not to say.

Me: Do you like me?
    Siri: This is about you, Leanna, not me.

Me. I love you.
    Siri: You are the wind beneath my wings.
    10-14-2011 08:57 PM
    I think my Siri is f-ing brain dead. Everything I ask her, she says "I'm not sure what you mean by that". I'm just asking her to regular stuff like play a song. How do you guys get your Siri to respond to you?

FYI: I just noticed that when I took my Otterbox off my phone it understands me. I guess maybe because is an Otterbox for the iPhone 4 maybe it was covering up something? Also, did anyone notice if you tell Siri relationships, it puts them under your name in contacts under weird catagories? My daughter is now listed under "manager" and my mom is listed under "spouse".
    Last edited by tlo07; 10-14-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    10-14-2011 09:15 PM
    I think Apple's servers were getting slammed. When I first tried it, it was really slow and unresponsive. I thought it might be because my apps and media were still getting synced over, but even once that completed it was still slow, and totally failing half the time. Now it's working perfectly, instantaneous replies, always transcribes my speech perfectly, and almost always knows what I'm asking. Try asking Siri her favorite color, btw.
    10-14-2011 09:27 PM
    What a hooker!
    10-14-2011 09:42 PM
    Me: Do you love me?
    Me. I love you.
    Siri: You are the wind beneath my wings.
    Mine said "You hardly know me, Allen" haha

I forgot what I asked but it said "Your wish is my command"

Now how many people can say their phone says THAT!
    10-14-2011 09:57 PM
    My wife and I are both on our new iPhone 4S in the same house standing next to each other. Siri is working every time for me, I'm not seeing any issue. When my wife tries Siri or I try Siri on her iPhone 4S, Siri says "Having trouble connecting to Network". When she uses my iPhone 4S it works. So doesn't seem to be a connection issue, or a heavy usage issue.
    Rex_Suggs likes this.
    10-14-2011 10:01 PM
    I asked Siri if she wanted me. She said Sorry but I already have everything i need....
    10-14-2011 10:14 PM
    The only problem I have with Siri - or the one thing I haven't learned yet - is how to get her to end sentences in a text. Siri must have a thing against punctuation.
    10-14-2011 10:28 PM
    She worked great earlier but now even with full bars I keep getting "sorry I am having trouble connect to the network"
    10-14-2011 10:47 PM
    She worked great earlier but now even with full bars I keep getting "sorry I am having trouble connect to the network"
    Yeah I don't understand it, my wife is a bit disappointed now, she's been at work all day and excited to get her iPhone 4S and mess around with Siri, but Siri's not working for anything. Although for whatever reason, Siri is working without any issues on my iPhone 4S.
    10-14-2011 11:00 PM
    I've found after using Siri for about 14 hours now. That sometimes Siri can't connect. And sometimes it is lagging. Wonder if its because of the amount of current users right now that makes it lag. 8AM this morning Siri was fast and responsive but later in the day Siri got slower
    10-14-2011 11:04 PM
    At least I'm not alone. I've been trying for an hour and Siri won't work AT ALL!! I'm on Verizon with all bars and Wifi. I get the "sorry I am having trouble connect to the network" error. I'm so disappointed :-(
    10-14-2011 11:06 PM
    I got a few "could not connect to network" or "something went wrong" messages earlier, but mine seems to be working now. As another poster said it's probably just massive network load with everyone trying Siri out. This will probably abate in a few days...
    10-14-2011 11:07 PM
    I think Siri is hilarious!! Conversation from earlier:

Me: Are you married?
    Siri: We were talking about you, not me.
    Me: Am I pretty?
    Siri: No comment.
    Me: You should say yes.
    Siri: I'll make a note of that
    Me: How old are you?
    Siri: I don't see why that should matter, *insert my name here*
    Me: Why not?
    Siri: You see things, and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were, and I say, "Why not?"
    Me: That's deep.
    Siri: Anything else I can do for you?
    10-14-2011 11:20 PM
    I want to play with Siri, but for the life of me I can't find her! Help?
    SETTINGS / GENERAL / SIRI ... turn her on.
    kberry66 likes this.
    10-14-2011 11:34 PM
110 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD