List confirmed Siri questions and answers - First Hand

KCook3

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
It very impressive what it can do. My hope is that Apple would allow other Apps to use Siri. You might be able to check the status of a flight, car rental, hotel, scores in sports game and even fuel prices.

KC

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
- what's your occupation?
Siri - you aren't supposed to ask your assistant that.
- you're fired!
Siri - I respect your decision.
- I'm going to turn you off.
Siri - if you say so
- do you mind?
Siri - this is about you, not me.

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I had to do it.....

Me: "Open the pod bay doors"

Siri:"I'm sorry, I can't do that Douglas" Long pause, "Are you happy now?"

The response I got to that was:

"We intelligent agents will never live that down, apparently."

then if I do it again..

"Sigh..."

then

"Oh, not again."

I wonder how many different replies that phrase has. lol.

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
She does have a playful, almost snarky side to her. I've gotten '42' as the answer to a couple of questions. She must be a Douglas Adams fan... :)

Yeah it's actually pretty neat how they programmed her to match the sarcasm level of a techie. It's impressive how accurate she is.

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried

"Tell me a story"

you can get this answer, lol :D

IMG_0046%5B1%5D.PNG

IMG_0048%5B1%5D.PNG

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have any ideas if Siri can read text messages . If so how do I turn it on

When you hold the home button to bring up Siri, there's little i you can click on and it shows a list of everything you can say. If you click on one(like messages) it shows you how to send a text and also how to have them read to you.

Hope this helps

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Can someone ask siri to turn on or off an antenna like bluetooth or something? And ask siri to launch any specific app. Just want to know if these are possible. Thanks.

Edit
And what about asking siri to update you fb or twitter status, and telling it what to write & post w/o initially launching an app to do it.

Last edited:

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Can someone ask siri to turn on or off an antenna like bluetooth or something? And ask siri to launch any specific app. Just want to know if these are possible. Thanks.

Edit
And what about asking siri to update you fb or twitter status, and telling it what to write & post w/o initially launching an app to do it.

Can't launch apps or fb/twitter. Siri does say "I'm sorry, I can't launch that" and "sorry I cannot send tweets" so it knows what your talking about. I just isn't meant for that.

Siri/voice recognition is built into the 4S keyboard (there's a microphone icon next to the space bar) and so you can go to facebook/twitter and just dictate and it types it out for you. This also works with taking notes, sending text, emailing as well.

Reactions: patricksmangan

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Can't launch apps or fb/twitter. Siri does say "I'm sorry, I can't launch that" and "sorry I cannot send tweets" so it knows what your talking about. I just isn't meant for that.

Siri/voice recognition is built into the 4S keyboard (there's a microphone icon next to the space bar) and so you can go to facebook/twitter and just dictate and it types it out for you. This also works with taking notes, sending text, emailing as well.

Thanks for doing that. Hopefully siri will just become even more filled out and comprehensive with updates and api's.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73