Once you have it set, ask her what your name is!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    10-16-2011 12:27 AM
    Figured I would ask
    10-16-2011 01:09 AM
    Me: what do you think of me?
    Siri: I think differently.

That is awesome.
    10-16-2011 03:38 AM
    Me to Siri: "call me 'Daddy..."
    Siri to Me: " ummmmmmmm, that's creepy, sir"

I am hoping this happens, i will **** myself.
    Me:call me daddy
    Siri: I will now call you 'daddy' from here on. Is that ok?"

And you accept or decline
    10-16-2011 03:45 AM
    Me:call me daddy
    Siri: I will now call you 'daddy' from here on. Is that ok?"

And you accept or decline
    Classic!!!!!!
    10-16-2011 03:48 AM
    Anyone have any ideas if Siri can read text messages . If so how do I turn it on
    When you hold the home button to bring up Siri, there's little i you can click on and it shows a list of everything you can say. If you click on one(like messages) it shows you how to send a text and also how to have them read to you.

Hope this helps
    10-16-2011 03:52 AM
    Can someone ask siri to turn on or off an antenna like bluetooth or something? And ask siri to launch any specific app. Just want to know if these are possible. Thanks.

Edit
    And what about asking siri to update you fb or twitter status, and telling it what to write & post w/o initially launching an app to do it.
    Last edited by Patricksmangann; 10-16-2011 at 05:10 AM.
    10-16-2011 03:59 AM
    Can someone ask siri to turn on or off an antenna like bluetooth or something? And ask siri to launch any specific app. Just want to know if these are possible. Thanks.

Edit
    And what about asking siri to update you fb or twitter status, and telling it what to write & post w/o initially launching an app to do it.
    Can't launch apps or fb/twitter. Siri does say "I'm sorry, I can't launch that" and "sorry I cannot send tweets" so it knows what your talking about. I just isn't meant for that.

Siri/voice recognition is built into the 4S keyboard (there's a microphone icon next to the space bar) and so you can go to facebook/twitter and just dictate and it types it out for you. This also works with taking notes, sending text, emailing as well.
    patricksmangan likes this.
    10-16-2011 05:16 AM
    Can't launch apps or fb/twitter. Siri does say "I'm sorry, I can't launch that" and "sorry I cannot send tweets" so it knows what your talking about. I just isn't meant for that.

Siri/voice recognition is built into the 4S keyboard (there's a microphone icon next to the space bar) and so you can go to facebook/twitter and just dictate and it types it out for you. This also works with taking notes, sending text, emailing as well.
    Thanks for doing that. Hopefully siri will just become even more filled out and comprehensive with updates and api's.
    10-16-2011 05:23 AM
    Try these two:

1) What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?

2) When is Judgment Day?
    10-16-2011 05:27 AM
    Try these two:

1) What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?

2) When is Judgment Day?
    1. It gave me 25mph

2. Friday August 29, 1997.

Lol not even kidding.
    10-16-2011 06:27 AM
    Great, isn't it?

I had the idea for the first one, when, after asking how much wood a wood chuck could chuck, it answered 'It depends if it's African or European wood'. :-)
    10-16-2011 06:45 AM
    Had to look up that date. I like it

Edit
    So there should def. be a tweet button in siri to tweet what siri just said.
    Last edited by Patricksmangann; 10-16-2011 at 06:47 AM.
    10-16-2011 06:45 AM
    I agree. I have been finding things all morning that I thought I'd love to be able to tweet / text / email.
    10-16-2011 06:57 AM
    Remember, Apple said Siri is in beta, so there is always the chance they will add other features that we all want, like the ability to launch apps.
    10-16-2011 09:20 AM
    I asked Siri "tell me a joke"

She said "Two iPhone's walk in to a bar.....oh wait, I always forget the punchlines"

I got a chuckle out of that.
    10-16-2011 11:17 AM
    Oh god. I died of laughter.

10-16-2011 11:35 AM
    Here are some for Beam me up Scotty
    10-16-2011 12:15 PM
    Here are some for Beam me up Scotty
    Mine said "wifi or 3G" haha
    10-16-2011 06:50 PM
    "I have crabs"

"Ok then."

-------------------------------

"It burns when i *******"

"I could not find an public toilets"

-------------------------------

"I love you Siri"

"thats sweet"
    10-16-2011 07:57 PM
    Found a more extensive list of Siri commands someone compiled together. On another note. I find it easier and quicker to do a speed to text when you are already in the text app. Seems to be a better way to use Siri already in the sms app.

More Fun With Siri Dictation Jim Rhoades / Crush Apps
    RobActivatesiOS5 likes this.
    10-16-2011 11:44 PM
    More Siri tips

"new line" - move to the next line
    "all caps" - make the next word all uppercase
    "all caps on/off" - turn caps lock on or off
    "smiley" or "smiley face" or "smile face" - :-)
    "frowny" or "frowny face" or "frown face" - :-(

I just wanted to point out with folks having trouble with Siri understanding them. Siri learns your accent, dialect, how you say things, etc. It learns and adapts. Some things take a while like my mothers name is Dawn, which can be pronounced like Don or Dawwwn or like break of Dawn. Took a while but Siri learned what I was saying. You can tell Siri to call you whatever you like and if you haven't programmed anything like Mother, Father, Girlfriend, Wife etc. Just tell Siri Julie is my wife and it will remember, etc. Basically Siri takes some time but as it gets more educated from what you teach it, it comes closer to 100% accurate on what you say. I don't think we have even began to scratch the surface with this technology.
    Last edited by MustangLife; 10-17-2011 at 12:05 AM.
    10-16-2011 11:47 PM
    Me - I need to hide a body
    Siri - What kind of places are you looking for
    Mines
    Resevoirs
    Can't remember the rest but gave me 5 ideas to hide a body, lol. Someone with frontal lobe issues did some of the Siri programming, lol

Me - Are you still in Beta
    Siri - No Comment

Me - Are you still in Beta
    Siri - I can't answer that

On a serious note. Is there any commands that are actually useful that anyone has discovered besides the normal playing around.

I like the feature of being able to program family and names for instance.

What I have programmed as Home is my grandmothers number. In Contacts its titled home. I have Siri programmed to call my grandmother or from what I call her which is "Mimi". So I have 3 different names to call 1 contact.
    Last edited by MustangLife; 10-17-2011 at 12:45 AM.
    10-17-2011 12:39 AM
    Me: How old are you?
    Siri: Does this concern you?
    Me: Yes.
    Siri: I thought so.
    10-17-2011 01:39 AM
    Just to add to what mustang put, saying:

"Quotation marks" works, as does "open parenthesis" and "close parenthesis." This dictation feature is nothing short of astounding.
    10-17-2011 01:48 AM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD