Multiple Siri voices?

tino72

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The voices sound as bad as the computer voices almost from the movie war games. Lol " greetings professor falcan would you like to play a game":)

lockerc18

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Android plug-in

Google has slipped a plug-in into the iOS5 service stream which would change Siri's voice to be that of the phone's owner, so that it would sound like you're talking to yourself when using the new feature. This was evidently an effort to demonstrate that iPhone users really are crazy, ostensibly for not buying an Android. This strategy has backfired somewhat as it is actually quite popular in many areas of lower Manhattan. One Wall Street iPhone owner was quoted as saying "Yes, dear, I really did give our beach house to charity." It was unclear at press time if that was the iPhone owner speaking or if it was a spontaneous glitch in the Google plug-in.

Last edited:

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Well to be frank I don't know what you expect... The voice will always be a generated voice, not an actual human voice. Until the technology for that improves drastically, and in a way that can be implemented in a mobile device, the Siri voice is not going to sound like a real person.

Maybe they can change it to your voice.lol It would be nice to have a large selection of famous people to choose from. Time will tell.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
they should give you a "settings" for it where you can tweak the pitch, tone, etc... then people could get cool voices and share the settings for everyone!

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
they should give you a "settings" for it where you can tweak the pitch, tone, etc... then people could get cool voices and share the settings for everyone!

That would be fantastic. And I am sure something like that is on the horizon. Remember, this is the first implementation of Siri so we can expect some great things ahead.

zack125

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe someone can find a way to mod Siri on jailbroken iPhones? Maybe they'll even find a way to get it to run on iPhone 4! This is the kind of stuff the jailbreaking community wants....

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Maybe someone can find a way to mod Siri on jailbroken iPhones? Maybe they'll even find a way to get it to run on iPhone 4! This is the kind of stuff the jailbreaking community wants....

they already are...
they have it halfway working on the ipod touch 4 and are working to bring it to the iP4

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
My four main choices are: GLaDOS, Wheatley, and Cave Johnson from Portal 2 and Torgo from Manos: The Hands of Fate"
DJ

Last edited: