Why Didn't Apple Give iP4 users Siri since RAM confirmed to be the same on 4S ???

elavum

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If siri was running on IP4, I would have brought IP4 and saved some $$$ for accessories/ apps.
I guess they have very good marketing reason to limit to IP4S. There may be other techinical reason also. If they are going to split the voice command processing between device and apple servers, they may need a better processor on device.

m.espi602

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think they want the sales for the iP4s. It does them no good to allow it on the iP4... right now at least.. Hopefully it will be available with a later update.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It has little do to with marketing and more to do with the processor. The 4s has a much faster processor.

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I am guessing it has less to do with RAM and more to do with processing and computing power. I can only imagine how taxing on a processor something like Siri must be.

mech1164

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
As it is give it a few days and the jailbreak will allow you to add it. This is more the likely to help get people to get the 4S.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Dazzx

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
It has little do to with marketing and more to do with the processor. The 4s has a much faster processor.

Not sure I agree , Most of the work is done in the cloud as you need an Internet connection for Siri to work (I believe )

@dazzx
About.me/Darrent

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
As far as I'm aware those that are experts at jailbreaking have tried to replicate Siri on the iP4 without much luck. Apparently it's slow and lags, so I would assume there is actually some technical reason why Siri isn't on the iP4 too.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Like people have said before...from a tech level, the iP4 may not be able to run the process fluidly because of the processing limitations. From a basic common sense level, it also has to do with keeping new features on the new hand set. In the Apple world, a year old means there's almost a guarantee of new hardware replacing your iPhone/iPad/Macbook/iPod...it really wouldn't be good marketing to just give out all the newest features, taking away the appeal of buying a new phone/tablet/computer/mp3 player...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I believe the 4 could of handled Siri. It still has a A4 chip after all. I think Siri was only offered for the 4S for marketing. I thnk its genius because its a awesome feature. I cant wait for it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If it is possible to run it on iPhone 4, I'm sure we're only a few weeks away from a jailbroken fix where iPhone 4 owners will be able to install it.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Pretty obvious marketing ploy.

2x CPU isn't enough to get Fans to make the conversion to a 4S.
Add in 4S exclusive Siri, and it is. Let's see how well Siri actually works out to be.
Might just be another forgotten "feature" after a few weeks.

Wonder what the iPhone 6 will be like. Too bad we'll never see an iPhone 5 now.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The developer himself stated that Siri was severely crippled on the older hardware and the iPhone 4S is the first hardware capable of actually running the software as it was intended.

I believe him...

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
The developer himself stated that Siri was severely crippled on the older hardware and the iPhone 4S is the first hardware capable of actually running the software as it was intended.

I believe him...

I ask you (AGAIN), do you know this dev personally? Could you set up an interview with us? Do you have any proof what-so-ever that this is the case?