Will a JB App be available for IP4S SIRI Artificial Intelligence

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I just watched a clip of this amazing SIRI voice control technology for iphone4s. You can have full conversations about anything with this phone. Text my wife and tell her i will be 30 minutes and the phone talks back and sends text. Its amazing. But what I'm asking. Is this technology a hardware or software technology. I'm debating staying on Iphone4 rather than get a Iphone4s but really want this program. If its a few months before this comes out on jailbreak for iphone4 its ok. But speech to text and the phone capable of conversing with you is so tempting.

Apple announces SIRI artificial intelligence voice control for iPhone 4S | TiPb

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure it will come out for JB. Nothing is definite. If it's hardware-dependant, it may not matter if it comes out in Cydia. You can technically use Facetime on a 3GS via a jailbreak app, but would you want to? I wouldn't. The point, to me, of Facetime is to be able to see who you're talking to and have them see you. I don't often have phone conversations in the bathroom with my phone pointed at the mirror ;)

pr_boy08

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I have wanted as well. I'm all about getting the next Iphone but I can't really afford paying $450 this time around. That's why I made sure to make my i4 at launch last year -_- hopefully its not hardware dependent.

Rick0926

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
From what I read, it has hard coded hooks in the software that require the new chipset. So, it doesn't look like it will work on the 4. But, hopefully it might eventually work on the iPad 2 since it has the same chip?

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
From what I read, it has hard coded hooks in the software that require the new chipset. So, it doesn't look like it will work on the 4. But, hopefully it might eventually work on the iPad 2 since it has the same chip?
This .... I believe it needs the dual core or it will probably slow the phone down a ton.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
In terms of jailbreaking, the iphone4 can have some kind of Siri type app. Anything anybody can think of has or can be done to the phone through a jailbroken app. Siri was on the Iphone4 before Apple bought it and modified it.So we already know its possible. The 4 will not have the same native Siri as the 4S but there are developers capable of copying the app and making there own Siri type app. If that makes sense. Its just gonna take time and a good Dev Team.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Since the app will require communicating with an apple server, apple can probably shut out unapproved devices from the server. So even if we can figure out what files are used and could crack them to allow other hardware to use Siri, ip4 users may well be out of luck.

As for 3rd party apps, anyone who tries to copy the app for a competing service would likely get angry attention from apple, as it'd be a slam dunk copyright violation. And as apple has shown it will use patents offensively to push out competitors, i wouldn't be surprised if they tried that on a company that independently creates something equivalent to Siri.

So while there are and will continue to be voice recognition programs for the 4, i don't expect any advanced siri type app on the 4.

Capnjackk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
i would really love for siri to be ported over to iphone 4 because i want in on the fun too, but i'd prefer not having to buy another phone just for siri. my iphone 4 does exactly what it needs to and is fast enough too.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
To those wanting SIRI on a phone other than an iPhone 4S:

MuscleNerd said:
Anyone hoping for a "port" of Siri from iPhone4S: pending a very low-level A5 exploit, it likely can't be done without piracy :(

MuscleNerd said:
(only way to extract Siri files from iPhone4S filesystem without pirating is to have the main FS keys, requiring low-level exploit)

Straight from a well respected member of the dev team.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
hmmm.. MuscleNerd knows what he is talking about, but i saw an article saying that they already had it partially working on a 4G touch....

SiriiPhone4.png

According to iH8sn0w, it is a ?work in progress.? This still has a long way to go