I'm thinking about getting an Apple Pencil (Gen 2) and am looking for feedback from those who already have one. I really don't need one... but I want one! So, please share any thoughts/insights about your experiences with the Apple Pencil.
    dreaminspirecreat3 likes this.
    11-09-2021 10:45 AM
    I just got a new iPad Air and have the same question. It seems like it would be good for drawing, which I don’t do, and taking hand written notes. I’m not sure I would use it much.
    Annie_M likes this.
    11-09-2021 11:02 AM
    The typical stylus should be more than sufficient for a majority of people in my opinion. With that being said, if you’re into art or something that requires precision then the Pencil is highly recommended. I gave away the original Pencil shortly after I purchased it years ago and at the time, I considered it a waste of money.

I do have the current version of the Pencil and use it with my 2020 iPad Pro and I’m glad I got it.
    Annie_M, nikkisharif and aximtreo like this.
    11-09-2021 11:06 AM
    The typical stylus should be more than sufficient for a majority of people in my opinion. With that being said, if you’re into art or something that requires precision then the Pencil is highly recommended. I gave away the original Pencil shortly after I purchased it years ago and at the time, I considered it a waste of money.

I do have the current version of the Pencil and use it with my 2020 iPad Pro and I’m glad I got it.
    What do you use it for?
    11-09-2021 01:01 PM
    What do you use it for?
    Personal use - Note taking, writing my forum replies, Sudoku, etc.
    Annie_M, nikkisharif and aximtreo like this.
    11-09-2021 02:28 PM
    Thanks, that helps.
    Annie_M likes this.
    11-09-2021 02:40 PM
    That's pretty much what I would use it for, so I am interested!
    aximtreo and Just_Me_D like this.
    11-09-2021 02:42 PM
    I have a gen. 1 Apple Pencil, and I use it for note taking and doing "homework". That's pretty much it.
    Annie_M likes this.
    11-09-2021 09:54 PM
    I bought a Gen 2 Apple Pencil to go with my iPad Pro and it’s great for note taking and drawing. It is also good for tapping the screen instead of using your finger. Comfortable to hold as well.
    11-10-2021 02:47 AM
    I have one and use it a lot less than I thought I would. If you draw and to art stuff, I can see it being really useful. I actually just used it a couple of weeks ago to help my mom take practice written tests for the DMV on my table because she kept touching the wrong answers with her finger - so the pencil came in handy for that. BUT, it then got misplaced and I haven't seen my pencil since. LOL Not sure if I'll replace it or not since it just didn't come in that handy to me. It is a cool toy though!
    Annie_M and nikkisharif like this.
    11-10-2021 08:39 AM
    I have one and use it a lot less than I thought I would. If you draw and to art stuff, I can see it being really useful. I actually just used it a couple of weeks ago to help my mom take practice written tests for the DMV on my table because she kept touching the wrong answers with her finger - so the pencil came in handy for that. BUT, it then got misplaced and I haven't seen my pencil since. LOL Not sure if I'll replace it or not since it just didn't come in that handy to me. It is a cool toy though!
    Ugh! I hate it when things get lost! It's too bad you can't use Find My to find it! Hopefully, it will turn up SOON!
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    11-10-2021 08:56 AM
    I bought a first gen Apple Pencil. Upgraded my iPad Pro, and bam, what do you know, not only does the Apple Pencil not work with the new iPad, but they want even more money for the new one. Plus there wasn’t any trade in value for the relatively new old one.

Timmie can take his Apple Pencil, turn it sideways, and well you know the rest…
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-10-2021 03:53 PM
    I bought one for my new iPad as well. I used it more when I first got it, I don’t do a lot of drawing in particular, but it can also be useful with scrolling and precision tapping as well. I need to play around some more and see if I can find more uses for it with how I use my iPad.
    Annie_M, Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    11-12-2021 11:56 AM
    This is how I use mine as well. Basic tasks & the occasional coloring LOL. I don’t see the Apple Pencil as a necessity, for me, but I am glad I have it. It really does come in handy!
    Just_Me_D and Annie_M like this.
    11-13-2021 09:23 AM
    Want it - buy it, or not ! you won’t use it much, unless you like colouring in !
    11-16-2021 11:08 AM