iPhone 12 Lineup Names and Picks

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
So most info previously leaked. After each unit I’ll put the “leaked device name”. So first do you agree with the device name or think it should be called something else and second if you are grabbing one, which one?

5.4”- Aluminum, 4GB RAM, Dual Camera, BOE OLED Super Retina (iPhone 12)

6.1”- Aluminum, 4GB RAM, Dual Camera, BOE OLED Super Retina (iPhone 12 Max)

6.1”- Stainless Steel, 6GB, Triple Camera plus LiDAR, OLED Super Retina XDR
with ProMotion and 10-bit Color Depth (iPhone 12 Pro)

6.7” - Stainless Steel, 6GB, Triple Camera plus LiDAR, OLED Super Retina XDR
with ProMotion and 10-bit Color Depth
(iPhone 12 Pro Max)

For me, I don’t care much about the name, that said I do think people may confuse the two 6.1” devices and elect for the less expensive one by default. Great phone, but clearly not par with the 6.1” Stainless Model. Also, I think the 5.4” could maybe be called like iPhone Air or something. Calling it iPhone 12 may be confusing if compared to iPhone 11, but who knows. Any thoughts? For me I’m using the 11 Pro paid off. The 5.4” is very interesting to me as I’ve been looking for a smaller device but not the SE.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
The names are okay for me. I honestly don’t care what they name this year’s phones, as long as majority of the rumors launch with the phones. I’m definitely upgrading to the 12 Pro Max from my XS Max.

Last edited:

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
If I stick with my plans, I won't have to worry about this until 2021...LOL.

I say I’ll wait til 2021 but I always end up buying. I’m extremely frugal in all facets of life, except my cell phone so every year Apple just seems to get my money

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
The names are okay for me. I honestly don’t care what they name this as long as majority of the rumored lunch with the phone. I’m definitely upgrading to the 12 Pro Max from my XS Max.

Yeah, the name doesn’t matter to me much either but tossing a 4th phone in the mix and having two 6.1” models could makes things confusing for the average consumer.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the 5.4.
I always preferred a smaller form factor, like the 8 or the new SE, but would enjoy a bezel-less (or bezel-reduced) design.

frankf10

May 21, 2020
Visit site
how different would 5.4 be from 5.8? I like the 5.8 inch but idk about 6.1. 5.4 still a bit small for me. If the base 12 is $649 i'd imagine the Iphone 11 would be under $600/Iphone 11 pro would be price of the 5.4 inch ($649)

The OLED screen is nicer, but not sure how much more of a difference it would be.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I wish they would have kept the 5.8” size. I’ll have to see how I feel about 6.1”...seems kind of big to me. 5.4” might be out of the question because idk how I feel about it being aluminum.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I wish they would have kept the 5.8” size. I’ll have to see how I feel about 6.1”...seems kind of big to me. 5.4” might be out of the question because idk how I feel about it being aluminum.

This is my exact issue. Two years in a row I went XS Max and switched to XS and then Pro Max and switched to current Pro. 5.8” is that sweet spot with what’s available as even the XR and 11 at 6.1” was bigger than I wanted. I’ve posted elsewhere I feel like I’m being pushed into a 6.1” device because I choose premium and there’s no way I can use 6.7”...This may be the first year I really need to not preorder and wait til I get my hands on the 5.4” to decide.

viewcart

Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
Four iPhones expected.

6.7-inch iPhone: triple-lens rear camera with 3D sensing and 6GB of RAM

6.1-inch iPhone: triple-lens rear camera with 3D sensing and 6GB of RAM

6.1-inch iPhone: dual-lens rear camera and 4GB of RAM

5.4-inch iPhone: dual-lens rear camera and 4GB of RAM

Apparently all of them will use OLED displays.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Four iPhones expected.

6.7-inch iPhone: triple-lens rear camera with 3D sensing and 6GB of RAM

6.1-inch iPhone: triple-lens rear camera with 3D sensing and 6GB of RAM

6.1-inch iPhone: dual-lens rear camera and 4GB of RAM

5.4-inch iPhone: dual-lens rear camera and 4GB of RAM

Apparently all of them will use OLED displays.

Everything I’ve seen is pointing to this being the case. I may just upgrade to the 11 Pro & stick with that til it dies. I don’t see myself with a phone larger than 5.8” nor do I see myself with an aluminum phone.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Everything I’ve seen is pointing to this being the case. I may just upgrade to the 11 Pro & stick with that til it dies. I don’t see myself with a phone larger than 5.8” nor do I see myself with an aluminum phone.

Have an 11 Pro now. Agree, can’t see myself with a phone bigger or an aluminum phone. Also can’t see not buying a new phone!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Have an 11 Pro now. Agree, can’t see myself with a phone bigger or an aluminum phone. Also can’t see not buying a new phone!

I know the feeling last year was the first time I skipped an upgrade. I figure I’ll probably get an 11 Pro now (not sure which colors/sizes Apple will discontinue) & if I like the 5.4”, I’ll get that one to replace my business line. Right now I’m using a X & XS.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Easy choice for me. I’m switching from an 8+ to the 12 Max. For me it’s a little about physical phone size too. The 12max will basically be the same width decide and only about a 1/10th of an inch shorter. Plus I’ll get a bigger screen. I don’t need any of the Pro features. And rumors are the 12 pro max will be 1049-1399 depending on storage size. No way.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I’ll be upgrading from 11 Pro to 12 Pro Max because of the rumored 5G antenna. If they announce I’ll pre-order it and switch my Verizon unlimited to the 5G UW plan which includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ AND Apple Music. The best part is that that plan is only $5 more than what I’m paying now. Looking forward to the September/October event that’ll announce next gen iPhones

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I’ll be upgrading from 11 Pro to 12 Pro Max because of the rumored 5G antenna. If they announce I’ll pre-order it and switch my Verizon unlimited to the 5G UW plan which includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ AND Apple Music. The best part is that that plan is only $5 more than what I’m paying now. Looking forward to the September/October event that’ll announce next gen iPhones

I have the Old Get More Unlimited Plan with Verizon. Do you think I’ll still be able to use 5G with the 12 Pro Max on my plan?

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the Old Get More Unlimited Plan with Verizon. Do you think I’ll still be able to use 5G with the 12 Pro Max on my plan?

I have the old single smartphone plan and according to VZW that plan will work since it’s backwards compatibility to LTE but how much you pay for that plan? If it’s more or less than $120 then it’s totally worth it since you get Apple Music ($10), Hulu (like $5 at least), Disney+ ($13) and ESPN+ ($5) then it’s totally worth it but if these steaming devices and Apple Music don’t matter to you then it’s not worth it lol a lot to absorb

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I have the old single smartphone plan and according to VZW that plan will work since it’s backwards compatibility to LTE but how much you pay for that plan? If it’s more or less than $120 then it’s totally worth it since you get Apple Music ($10), Hulu (like $5 at least), Disney+ ($13) and ESPN+ ($5) then it’s totally worth it but if these steaming devices and Apple Music don’t matter to you then it’s not worth it lol a lot to absorb

Mine is $90 including auto pay and paper free billing. Mine includes 1 year free for Disney+ and free Apple Music. I don’t use Hulu, Disney+ or ESPN+.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice