SE 2020 Nostalgic Urge?

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
So clearly there are many reasons for iPhone 6, 7, and even 8 users to “upgrade” to the SE 2020 model.

Anybody else feeling the nostalgic urge? Anybody with X, XS, 11, etc...thinking about giving it a go. I’ve got a paid off unlocked 11 Pro. Finding it real difficult not to order a Product Red SE. In fact, if it wasn’t for being stuck home with closed stores may have picked it up already.

Anybody else order just for the nostalgia? If so what color, storage, etc?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not, but if it were the size of the original SE then I'd seriously consider it for nostalgic's sake.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I was hoping for size of original with modern design (full screen, etc).

I was disappointed.

Exactly what I was hoping for as well! For now I have “mobile fatigue”. Tired of all I do in the mobile arena.

Just need a phone I can count on for calls, email, texts, and Uber, etc. BUT still an iPhone I’m use to. Would much rather the original SE but but may grab the 2020 model...

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I made the jump to the SE 2020 from an XS. I’m loving it! Occasionally I’ve found myself swiping up to get to the home screen but other than that it’s like riding a bike! Great price too, so I’m glad I did it!

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I have an 11 Pro and ordered the SE w. 64GB (totally sufficient for me).
I never got real friends with the 11 Pro. Yes the camera is outstanding, it's fast etc., but I always missed the thinness and small & elegant form factor of the 8, and how light it was. Also, I hate the huge square camera hump on the 11 Pro. I think this looks & feels just clumsy.
Plan is, to start using the SE, while keeping the 11 Pro for 3 or 4 more weeks, to figure out how much I will miss the larger screen, if at all. Then to sell the 11 Pro, and continue using the SE until the new models get released. I also hope the SE will get me prepared for the expected 5.2" iPhone, and to make this (potential?) transition feel like an upgrade, rather than a downgrade from an 11 Pro. The 5.2" seems to be the one I was always waiting for - similar form factor as the 8, but with a full screen.
P.S. positive side effect, while using the SE: no need to always type in an unlock code, while having to wear a face mask.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not, but if it were the size of the original SE then I'd seriously consider it for nostalgic's sake.

I agree if it was either an original SE form factor or an edge to edge display in a i8 body I might have considered it for the fun factor or a back up to my 11 Pro Max

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I have no desire to pick up the SE 2020. After using the 6.5" bezel-less display on the 11 Pro Max, I couldn't imagine going back down to a 4.7" display with gigantic bezels.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I made the jump to the SE 2020 from an XS. I’m loving it! Occasionally I’ve found myself swiping up to get to the home screen but other than that it’s like riding a bike! Great price too, so I’m glad I did it!

How are doing with the battery? I’ve heard the SE 2020 is about 1800mAh versus the 11 Pro at just over 3000mAh...that’s the only thing still holding me back?

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine from Walmart (they were running a deal for the 128g for $250). It should be here Monday. Some problems with my X made me start looking and I truly miss the 8. One hand usage is premium on this size phone. Looking forward to seeing how it performs.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Ordered mine from Walmart (they were running a deal for the 128g for $250). It should be here Monday. Some problems with my X made me start looking and I truly miss the 8. One hand usage is premium on this size phone. Looking forward to seeing how it performs.

That is a deal! Is there a catch?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner