Has anyone heard anything about the iPhone 9?

jfak7670

Banned
Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys! Have you heard about the new iPhone 9? What do you think, would it be a good rival on the phone market or it'll be less successful than the other iPhone models?

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone 9 Rumors

Depends on the price and whether or not it has reasonably up to date tech. If it costs say $400 and is iPhone 11 tech in a smaller body, it should sell like hot cakes.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I don't think anyone has heard about the next new iPhone... or what it will be called. If there is a new iPhone released next month, only Apple knows what it will be called. I've heard rumors about an SE2, and that name makes sense to me. As to whether or not it will be successful, it's anybody's guess. I think it would depend on price, size/form-factor.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys! Have you heard about the new iPhone 9? What do you think, would it be a good rival on the phone market or it'll be less successful than the other iPhone models?

I’m not sure it would be smart to call a new iPhone the iPhone 9 because a good deal of people would automatically consider it an inferior device because the latest flagship model is an iPhone 11. Of course I could be wrong.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site

I’m not sure it would be smart to call a new iPhone the iPhone 9 because a good deal of people would automatically consider it an inferior device because the latest flagship model is an iPhone 11. Of course I could be wrong.

I tend to agree with you, but if rumors are true it is an inferior phone to the iPhone 11. It may carry internal specs but won’t have the front facing camera specs. Also, having a Home Button and TouchID would put it right after the iPhone 8 in numerical lineup? That said, I am wrong often when it comes to this stuff so who knows.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I have been with Apple since the early days and as much as I tend to get excited about rumors of a new product. Based on the secrecy Apple has always had on any new products, I just wait and see.

lanwill

Mar 26, 2020
Visit site

Have never heard about iPhone 9, but if it'll be launched in the future why is it called iPhone 9? People would be confused with the number 9, that goes after already existing iPhone 11. But, probably, Apple just wants to make more budget phone, which will be more accessible than iPhone 11.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Have never heard about iPhone 9, but if it'll be launched in the future why is it called iPhone 9? People would be confused with the number 9, that goes after already existing iPhone 11. But, probably, Apple just wants to make more budget phone, which will be more accessible than iPhone 11.

It’s basically what the SE was to iPhone 5. The iPhone 9 is an upgrade from iPhone 8 with respect to many specs and keeps the home button. Should sell with success to 6 and 7 series users looking for a better battery, better rear camera, processor, etc. 2021 is already touting an SE2 so I don’t think this device will lose the iPhone 9 moniker.
Adjustments.JPG

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro