Which ONE is MORE important to you? - the device or iOS?

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For me to upgrade this year, they'd have to add apple pen support or do some drastic redesign. I only upgraded from the X to the XS max for the bigger screen, otherwise I've been perfectly happy with the phone. Granted I have taken a small two week break playing with a Galaxy S10+. It's pretty good but I miss my iPhone already.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Now that I have the perfect sized devices, I’d have to say OS. I need my device to perform in a manner that is cohesive with my day to day activities.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Changed my mind. I'm going with device. Especially if I could have my Apple hardware and flash Android on it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think about this a lot and while the iPhone wouldn’t be the iPhone without iOS, the thing that drew me to the iPhone was the iPhone itself.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd have to say the OS is more important than the hardware device to me. The reason why I'm using Android devices is because I enjoy the customisation that is available with Android. I really like iPhone hardware, but I dislike the locked down nature of iOS. I'd consider an iPhone if I were able to customise it the way I do with my Android devices.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Neither would exist without the other and I use Apple mainly because of the harmony between the hardware and the firmware. So, to answer the question, both are equally as important to me. A beautifully- designed piece of garbage that doesn’t work because of bad software doesn’t work for me, and neither would an ugly device with decent software (Android has plenty of those if I wanted one).

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
If I could have iOS on the the Galaxy, OnePlus, Pixel, etc...I’d make a switch quickly. Not because I don’t enjoy the iPhone but could just use a change ya know. I’d even consider the BlackBerry Key2...yes BlackBerry Key2!

SuperLeakTX

Banned
Jul 15, 2019
Visit site
Neither would exist without the other and I use Apple mainly because of the harmony between the hardware and the firmware. So, to answer the question, both are equally as important to me. A beautifully- designed piece of garbage that doesn’t work because of bad software doesn’t work for me, and neither would an ugly device with decent software (Android has plenty of those if I wanted one).

I can't agree with you anymore. The note 10 is so amazinag, but i love iOS

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I would probably say the device. I say that because I’m perfectly fine using different OS skins (e.g iOS, OneUI, stock Android etc) as long as it’s decent. The hardware matters to me a lot (better cameras, bigger battery, design/materials, screen etc)...main reason why I switched from an iPhone 5S to an S7 Edge instead of a 6 is because the S7 Edge offered better hardware in nearly every aspect.

That said, my ideal phone would obviously have great hardware and software.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Long time Android gal here who decided to try iPhone with the 6s Plus. Liked it a lot but missed Android’s customization a lot. However, as I saw how well Apple’s ecosystem works I was sold. Also the stability of the OS and faithful updates, not to mention iMessage which is awesome. It’s not perfect, there’s no such thing anyway, and I do still occasionally miss more customization. But iOS keeps getting better IMO and the watch is the icing on the cake. Love how my watch and phone work together, flawlessly really.
With all of Googles privacy issues too, it’s just another reason to stay with Apple.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I had an S2 and an S4 as my first ever smart phone. 18 months into my contract of my S4 the charger port failed which I was told was a known fault of Samsung phones so I bit the bullet and got my first ever iPhone, the 5c. I fell in love with iOS. The speed, reliability, stability. The fact that everything just works (unless you’re on betas like me lol). I remember when the iPhone 6+ was announced everyone was talking about how huge it was and I was worried that it would be too big. I was pleased to discover it was about the same size as my Samsung phones. The 6+ is the best phone I have ever owned in my entire life. Perfect size, home button, Touch ID. Nothing can beat it in my eyes. I also had a S7e but kept going back to my iPhone. I loved the customization of the android system but didn’t like its instability, slowness and less features on the apps. I liked the android exclusive apps but didn’t like how certain features I took for granted on the Facebook app on my iPhone didn’t exist on the android version. There are things that I like about both systems.

I got the iPhone 8+ which I regret not keeping for longer (I tend to upgrade once a year with my 6+ being the exception). I upgraded to the XS Max. I automatically missed the home button and still don’t like the notch but it doesn’t bother me as much as it used to.

After having both the iPhone and the iPad I decided to do an upgrade on my tablet plan and get the Tab S4 with the pen. I have it in a keyboard case and love it.

I have to admit the S10+ almost had me switching back to android but I just couldn’t go through with it.

Now I have the best of both worlds. An android tablet and an iOS phone and that is probably how it’s going to stay.

Sorry for the detailed response lol

Sagiicorn

Aug 24, 2019
Visit site
Definitely the device. Durability of the physical product is paramont to make it last a more than reasonable amount of time. The software is flexible and can be easily fixed or adjusted. The hardware can not.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner