If the new iPhone models support the Pencil, will you consider buying one?

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Not this year if they come with Apple Pencil support. I love my XS Max and won’t be upgrading this year.

I haven’t used my Apple Pencil with my iPad Pro in 7 months. I even forget I have it until I clicked on this thread.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The Apple Pencil is an option, not a necessity to use the iPhone / iPad.
Therefore it shouldn’t matter if it came with it or not.

No.
If it was optional. Sure.

But if the stylus came with it and/or would require extra room in the device then no it would matter.
Don’t want to pay the added cost for something I’m never going to use on a smartphone.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Not really interested at all. If all the iPhones came with it but there was no required use, I’d put it in the drawer. If I left it with the phone I’d probably click it constantly and break the mechanism that holds it in place...that’s is under the thought it would somehow be in the phone and pop out like Samsung.

On the other hand, if it’s just a new device capable of using the Apple Pencil, I’d still buy the phone, just wouldn’t buy the pencil.

spiff_p239

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have no use for a stylus so it wouldn't affect my buying decision at all. My main hope is that the smaller sized iPhone 11 has battery life similar to that of last year's XR. I loved the size of the XS but the battery life killed it for me. On the other hand, I loved the battery life of the XR but the size killed it for me. In the end, I went back to an iPhone 8.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It’s the only thing I miss from Samsung. I always used the spen
Wish iPhones were compatible with the pencil

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
iPad, yes. Already have one.

iPhone? Nope. Already use an ink pen with a stylus on the end and it works just fine.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I think the iPhone is too small of a screen to do anything with a stylus. I also hated the stylus with my HP Windows PDA and Palm devices. The styluses were so easy to lose. Especially on my Palm Treo.

ras47

Jul 25, 2020
Visit site
Ah, another Palm Treo user! The Treo was the bee's knees when it came out. The first true convergence device for the rest of us that didn't get a corporate BlackBerry. And we could play Dope Wars!

I have no use for a stylus on my iPhone. I used an Apple Pencil on an iPad to draw up a plan for a new deck and a new front porch, but I think it would have been easier to use a regular pencil and a piece of graph paper.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Ah, another Palm Treo user! The Treo was the bee's knees when it came out. The first true convergence device for the rest of us that didn't get a corporate BlackBerry. And we could play Dope Wars!

I have no use for a stylus on my iPhone. I used an Apple Pencil on an iPad to draw up a plan for a new deck and a new front porch, but I think it would have been easier to use a regular pencil and a piece of graph paper.

I knew a couple Blackberry users who owned Palm Treos. Mine crashed or spontaneously rebooted at least twice a day, running the stock Verizon ROM with no other software. I longed for a simple generic Palm OS Garnet, without any Verizon bloat ware full of software conflicts.

I curse the Palm Treo. Especially Palm Corp., who sold Palm OS Garnet to Access of Japan, then completey shutdown Access’s Linux Palm OS 2, in favor of Palm Corp.’s own WebOS.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm locked in now for a couple of years with my iPhone 12 Pro. However, I will eventually need a new iPad, so I'll look forward to using an Apple Pencil then!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73