If the new iPhone models support the Pencil, will you consider buying one?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As stated in the thread title, would you consider purchasing one of the new iPhone models if it can be used with the Pencil?

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
No. I barely use it with my iPad. I’m positive I won’t use it at all with my phone. The pencil would be ridiculous with the smaller X anyways (just my opinion).

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No. I barely used it with my iPad. I’m positive I won’t used it at all with my phone. The pencil would be ridiculous with the smaller X anyways (just my opinion).

Before I gave my iPad Pro to my youngest son, I used the Pencil with it a good deal. The problem was that my use of the iPad Pro waned considerably once I got my work-issued MacBook Air. The MacBook Air made me realize how much I missed using my MacBook so shortly thereafter, I went out and purchased my current MacBook Pro. I still have the Pencil and after reading your reply, I grabbed it and started pretending that I was using it with my current iPhone X and for me, it's somewhat comfortable, but that doesn't mean I'd use it a good deal. Anyway, I appreciate the reply.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Before I gave my iPad Pro to my youngest son, I used the Pencil with it a good deal. The problem was that my use of the iPad Pro waned considerably once I got my work-issued MacBook Air. The MacBook Air made me realize how much I missed using my MacBook so shortly thereafter, I went out and purchased my current MacBook Pro. I still have the Pencil and after reading your reply, I grabbed it and started pretending that I was using it with my current iPhone X and for me, it's somewhat comfortable, but that doesn't mean I'd use it a good deal. Anyway, I appreciate the reply.

Oh, I can totally see some people having a use for it. I want to use my pencil more with my iPad Pro but I can’t find a decent app for teaching a newbie how to draw.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Nope, Apple would have to make a new Pencil that was more manageable with phones and a way to keep it with the phone for me to even consider it. Apple would basically have to create an iPhone Note.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have no interest in using any type of stylus with a small device like iPhone (even a plus size one). I do not at all consider an iPhone as a "pocket computer" but rather a business and communication tool (YMMV of course). Beyond that, there are many choices of devices for movie watching, book reading (annotation), game playing, photo manipulation and graphic design etc etc., for which a stylus might be useful.
About the only use of a stylus for iPhone that I can barely think useful would be jotting or quick note taking "if it can convert into texts".
Remember Newton? It had actually a decent capability to convert handwriting into typed texts, and the stylus was just a thin plastic rod with no gimmick. Handwriting conversion apps were somewhat of a fad then, IIRC. Where did they all disappeared?
But then, as others said, carrying an Apple stylus for occasional use would be a royal pain. I want a no frill, small pocketable phone. SE2......Apple?

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
As noted above, the pencil would need to fit into the phone or have a well designed case that holds it to make it practical. In the latter, the pencil could still communicate/"stay in touch" with iOS via low energy Bluetooth or similar. If such a combination were available, I'd consider it.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes on the 6.5" especially.
The Note 9 S-pen is amazing giving its remote control ability.
Or just skip this cycle. iOS in general is feeling quite dated compared to the competition!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I would love to have an iphone that incorporated the pencil like how Samsung has the Note with the spen. I miss the spen as I had mentioned before but NOT to the point that I would return to Samsung. I will not USE Samsung anymore. But I do love the pencil and wish APple would make it work with the iphone.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the largest screened version of the new flagship iPhone, whatever they decide to call it. No I wouldn't use my Apple Pencil with it. My Pencil for my iPad has such a laughably poor battery life that I barely use it for that anymore. I certainly CBA using it on a smaller screened iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73