Samsung set the bar!!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Samsung just announced their top of the line Galaxy Note 9 will cost $1250. I’ve looked at the device & it’s pretty lovely...especially the fact that it has 512GB & you can still add a SD to make it even larger🤤 The base model has 128GB and costs $999. Do you think the new iPhone will have the same capacity? Will you still be willing to shell out that amount of money for a 64GB or 256GB device? Is anyone inclined to try out the Note 9, if Apple doesn’t deliver?

Personally, the cost doesn’t bother me as long as the device meets my needs. As far as trying a Note, it’s just too big for my liking but it’s extremely nice!!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Samsung just announced their top of the line Galaxy Note 9 will cost $1250. I’ve looked at the device & it’s pretty lovely...especially the fact that it has 512GB & you can still add a SD to make it even larger The base model has 128GB and costs $999. Do you think the new iPhone will have the same capacity? Will you still be willing to shell out that amount of money for a 64GB or 256GB device? Is anyone inclined to try out the Note 9, if Apple doesn’t deliver?

Personally, the cost doesn’t bother me as long as the device meets my needs. As far as trying a Note, it’s just too big for my liking but it’s extremely nice!!

Meh, while external storage has its merits, it’s nowhere near as convenient as internal storage. I personally don’t see any use for it.

As for the price, it all depends on how buyers think about this. Samsung became loved and great by their affordable prices and I’m genuinely doubting people will spend that kind of money, but then again, it’s their money, so speculating about it is moot.

My 256GB iPhone 7 Plus is nowhere near full so I won’t be shelling out any more money for a larger capacity if Apple still offers the 256GB option.

Oh, and I very much don’t like Samsung, so there’s that.

anon(8115241)

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
Meh, while external storage has its merits, it’s nowhere near as convenient as internal storage. I personally don’t see any use for it.

As for the price, it all depends on how buyers think about this. Samsung became loved and great by their affordable prices and I’m genuinely doubting people will spend that kind of money, but then again, it’s their money, so speculating about it is moot.

My 256GB iPhone 7 Plus is nowhere near full so I won’t be shelling out any more money for a larger capacity if Apple still offers the 256GB option.

You just said in another post that you would buy a 512gb if Apple sells it

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You just said in another post that you would buy a 512gb if Apple sells it

Thanks for pointing that out.
I vaguely remember it now. Truth is, since the launch day for the newer iPhones are getting close, my evaluation of what I need versus what I want gets more realistic. This means that I’ve now come to terms that I may not be able to afford the largest storage or even this year’s iPhones.

Stay tuned for updates.

anon(8115241)

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
I vaguely remember it now. Truth is, since the launch day for the newer iPhones are getting close, my evaluation of what I need versus what I want gets more realistic. This means that I’ve now come to terms that I may not be able to afford the largest storage or even this year’s iPhones.

Stay tuned for updates.

I have a 256gb 8 plus and I'm not even using 50gb of internal storage🤫🤫🤫

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Samsung just announced their top of the line Galaxy Note 9 will cost $1250. I’ve looked at the device & it’s pretty lovely...especially the fact that it has 512GB & you can still add a SD to make it even larger🤤 The base model has 128GB and costs $999. Do you think the new iPhone will have the same capacity? Will you still be willing to shell out that amount of money for a 64GB or 256GB device? Is anyone inclined to try out the Note 9, if Apple doesn’t deliver?

Nah, I’m not planning on spending that amount on any smartphone this year.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
At this point in time when I spend $1K plus on a smartphone, it will only be from Apple. At least I know if I don't upgrade for at least 3 years it'll work just as good. I don't have that confidence in longevity when it comes to a Samsung or pretty much any device that runs Android.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Wait...

Stay tuned for updates.

I'm glad I read this lol. Because your tone here is vastly different than what you've stated in other threads lol. I thought you were prepared to give Apple all of your money regardless of the price for the top tier model with the most storage.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Wait...

I'm glad I read this lol. Because your tone here is vastly different than what you've stated in other threads lol. I thought you were prepared to give Apple all of your money regardless of the price for the top tier model with the most storage.

It was my intention to, and then life happened.
Like I said, I may even not get a new phone this year.
Not because I think my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB is enough and fast and so on, but because I don’t have the financial liquidity to afford it.

Having said that, I will never opt for a storage that doesn’t suit my needs. I know for a fact that 256GB is enough without me having to worry about storage left. I don’t intend to buy an iPhone with lower storage if that means that I have to be careful on what I put on my device, like music, photos and videos. I intend to record videos in 4K and keep them on my device. For now and for the foreseeable future, 256GB seems to be enough.

I said what I said because I know of a fellow forum member that periodically has to fumble around with apps to free up cache and other unwanted storage.

TL:DR I’d still get the largest bestest device with the biggest storage if I can afford it, which very well may not be the case this time around.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
The ridiculously high price of smartphones continues to test the market. I, for one, will not bite. Obviously marketing influences a lot of people though.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It was my intention to, and then life happened.
Like I said, I may even not get a new phone this year.
Not because I think my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB is enough and fast and so on, but because I don’t have the financial liquidity to afford it.

Having said that, I will never opt for a storage that doesn’t suit my needs. I know for a fact that 256GB is enough without me having to worry about storage left. I don’t intend to buy an iPhone with lower storage if that means that I have to be careful on what I put on my device, like music, photos and videos. I intend to record videos in 4K and keep them on my device. For now and for the foreseeable future, 256GB seems to be enough.

I said what I said because I know of a fellow forum member that periodically has to fumble around with apps to free up cache and other unwanted storage.

TL:DR I’d still get the largest bestest device with the biggest storage if I can afford it, which very well may not be the case this time around.

Makes sense. I got the 256 GB X last year and I've still got 151 GB remaining. I definitely don't need anything past 256 GB.

RPA1408

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
I love the Note line and being part of Samsung’s upgrade program I’ll probably get the Note 9, the 128gb/6gb version though. I run my own business and it’s extremely useful (if not necessary) having a work phone as well as a personal one. I normally get the Note for work and an iPhone for personal use.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
All I know is that on Note9 release day, my iPhone X will be traded in for one. I'll be getting the 512GB blue Note9 and I can't wait!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
@nikkisharif, I feel as if Apple spoiled me with the iPhone X size.
I used to LOVE the Note series, and used them for a while (along with other devices). However, I have an iPhone 8 Plus stuck in a drawer, and using my iPhone X daily. Saving the 8 Plus for a trade-in/upgrade ;)

To 'stretch' to reach icons at the top of the screen isn't pleasant (yes, reachability is an option). All that to say, I might be stuck with this size phone for a while. Maybe someone will make a similar size Android device offering the same great customer service and warranty, as Apple...

I feel the same way...love the size of my X.

I love the Note line and being part of Samsung’s upgrade program I’ll probably get the Note 9, the 128gb/6gb version though. I run my own business and it’s extremely useful (if not necessary) having a work phone as well as a personal one. I normally get the Note for work and an iPhone for personal use.

I did the same thing back when the S5 was out. Then I ended up with 2 iPhones and just stuck to it. I thought about switching one of my lines back but I honestly have no reason to do it. I don’t utilize my phones like I use to, so I don’t have a need to have an Android device right now.

All I know is that on Note9 release day, my iPhone X will be traded in for one. I'll be getting the 512GB blue Note9 and I can't wait!

Nice!! I use to want a Note but it’s just too large of a device for me & my lifestyle. I don’t even know how I was ok with carrying around 2 plus sized iPhones for 3 years...makes no sense lol. I’m interested in seeing actual pics of the blue phone with yellow stylus...very nice color combo.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well for me, I've spent way more than $1,250 on stuff/things that I don't use on a daily basis, some stuff I barely use and some I never use like three of my bedroom sets (LOL). Sure, consumers and manufactors have come to a place where the thought of paying $$$$ for a smartphone is ridiculous, but we still buy them and they still sell them. With that being said YES, I like the look of the Samsung Note 9 and YES, they have set the bar...IMHO

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Samsung could have the best hardware of all time, the most beautiful casing in my most favorite color, with a set price to make my wallet happy and I would still not touch it with a ten foot pole.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2