Samsung set the bar!!

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I said I wouldn’t buy the X and I did. $1250 I wouldn’t for the storage. I’d probably spend a higher price on the 256 XI Plus. I got the X because I got little more screen in a smaller package than my old 7 Plus. But when I held a Plus iPhone again I miss the width. I can’t upgrade till the 24th month of my phone lease. I’ll be looking at the 2019 iPhones.

Oh and as far as the note screen looks nice but I’m not a fan of android OS regardless of manufacture

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I was a diehard Samsung customer for years. I had all the note models and after the Note 7 debacle I was over it. And the lack of updates and when updates released to have to reset the phone to ensure working well. I really am glad I jumped ship over to Apple.
Samsung is offering special pricing on ordering the Note 9 to hopefully get the business on it. People love Samsung and People love Apple. It is personal choice. I am glad to be done wi th Android. I also find my Google apps working better on APPLE. Go figure!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Wait...

I'm glad I read this lol. Because your tone here is vastly different than what you've stated in other threads lol. I thought you were prepared to give Apple all of your money regardless of the price for the top tier model with the most storage.

Are you kidding? @Tartarus is a major Apple stock holder. He gets all the latest and greatest devices for free. :)

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
At this point in time when I spend $1K plus on a smartphone, it will only be from Apple. At least I know if I don't upgrade for at least 3 years it'll work just as good. I don't have that confidence in longevity when it comes to a Samsung or pretty much any device that runs Android.
This isn't 2008 bro lol. Even your budget Samsung or LG can run a long time with no issues. I have had all the LG L series phones and currently have a K20 and it runs just like day one. And I'm not even a fan of Samsung anymore either I'm team LG but even I know that most of the negative points of Samsung are now moot like TouchWiz.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hahahaha yeah right bro. Imo iOS is garbage but my mom and girl love it so to each their own. But garbage is not true.

I believe what she meant is the build quality on the lower priced devices are not up to long term use and updates are not available for long

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, last Friday my Samsung tv of 7 years old decided to go off and on again every 3 minutes. As I’m an avid tv watcher, I couldn’t stand this. So I went online and got me a 55” 4K HDR thingie.
This also means that I won’t be getting a new iPhone this year

In addition to above: This tv did the same a few months after I got it and the motherboard got replaced under warranty.
Also, up until 2 months ago I used to have a Samsung refrigerator which decided to stop working. I replaced it with a Bosch.
The new tv is an LG: https://www.lg.com/nl/televisies/lg-55UJ634V

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, last Friday my Samsung tv of 7 years old decided to go off and on again every 3 minutes. As I’m an avid tv watcher, I couldn’t stand this. So I went online and got me a 55” 4K HDR thingie.
This also means that I won’t be getting a new iPhone this year

In addition to above: This tv did the same a few months after I got it and the motherboard got replaced under warranty.
Also, up until 2 months ago I used to have a Samsung refrigerator which decided to stop working. I replaced it with a Bosch.
The new tv is an LG: https://www.lg.com/nl/televisies/lg-55UJ634V

Yikes!!! I’ve never had any issues with any Samsung TV (knock on wood). I bought my mom an LG almost 10 years ago & it’s going strong. I don’t til you can go Wong with either.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yikes!!! I’ve never had any issues with any Samsung TV (knock on wood). I bought my mom an LG almost 10 years ago & it’s going strong.

To be honest, I just opted for the cheapest tv out there.
I didn’t even care for a smart tv or HDR or 4K for that matter.
Both my TV 4th gen and computer are hooked up to it and all I do is watch movies and tv series.

I don’t til you can go Wong with either.
Who is Wong and why should I go to him?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My most recent experience with Samsung :

Since Apple didn’t release a new IPP last week, I decided to order a Galaxy Tab S4. BAD IDEA.

my order contained the tablet, a memory card, a charging dock and the book cover.
I got the memory card.
Then I tried checking on the rest of my order.

I followed Samsung’s directions and went to the website armed with my order number but when I entered it, I got “you have no orders”.
So I tried calling them and got bounced from voicemail to voicemail.
So here I am, 8 days after ordering, they took my money and I have no shipping info and no access to my Samsung account.

I wound up contacting my bank for help.
As soon as they began the process to retrieve my money, Samsung chimes in with “oh we got your money, the tablet is on back order and we have a TENTATIVE shipping date of September 30th.

They really think their customers are idiots.

I instructed my bank to go ahead and get my money back and refuse any and all transactions from Samsung in the future.

Nothing has changed since they forced the update that bricked my Note 3 all these years ago.
So consider me schooled: I will use smoke signals to communicate before I use another Samsung product, I cannot believe I was dumb enough to hope that anything would be different today.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
My most recent experience with Samsung :

Since Apple didn’t release a new IPP last week, I decided to order a Galaxy Tab S4. BAD IDEA.

my order contained the tablet, a memory card, a charging dock and the book cover.
I got the memory card.
Then I tried checking on the rest of my order.

I followed Samsung’s directions and went to the website armed with my order number but when I entered it, I got “you have no orders”.
So I tried calling them and got bounced from voicemail to voicemail.
So here I am, 8 days after ordering, they took my money and I have no shipping info and no access to my Samsung account.

I wound up contacting my bank for help.
As soon as they began the process to retrieve my money, Samsung chimes in with “oh we got your money, the tablet is on back order and we have a TENTATIVE shipping date of September 30th.

They really think their customers are idiots.

I instructed my bank to go ahead and get my money back and refuse any and all transactions from Samsung in the future.

Nothing has changed since they forced the update that bricked my Note 3 all these years ago.
So consider me schooled: I will use smoke signals to communicate before I use another Samsung product, I cannot believe I was dumb enough to hope that anything would be different today.

so you're saying you dont like Samsung? I think everyone reading this just wants to be sure on that point.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I purchased a new Samsung smart TV. Kept wanting me to update internet. I don’t presently have home internet and I won’t be anytime soon. Very frustrating
I exchanged for a Visio and it has been trouble free. I was done using Samsung phones 3 yrs ago and this was my first Samsung TV. Also became my last. When I move I will get home internet. I presently don’t like what is offered in my area. I choose not to get it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner