Touch ID vs FaceID

Oct 6, 2018
Visit site
I’ve not owned an iPhone with FaceID yet so this year will be the first tine for me. I’ve seen it used with friends and family though and if anything I think perhaps TouchID is slightly faster to open the phone but only slightly. It also has its convenience of unlocking the phone when picking it up but I’m sure i’ll get used to FaceID quickly enough.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’ve not owned an iPhone with FaceID yet so this year will be the first tine for me. I’ve seen it used with friends and family though and if anything I think perhaps TouchID is slightly faster to open the phone but only slightly. It also has its convenience of unlocking the phone when picking it up but I’m sure i’ll get used to FaceID quickly enough.

That’s where I stand on the entire matter as well! It seems that Apple often has to drag people kicking and screaming to use new technology, but once people try it out, most can’t imagine turning back!

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
That’s where I stand on the entire matter as well! It seems that Apple often has to drag people kicking and screaming to use new technology, but once people try it out, most can’t imagine turning back!

That was me before my first Face ID phone . Can’t even think about going back to fingerprint now

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple has said how Face ID is so much better the. Touch ID and yet it’s not really that much better. COVID masks passcode please, née iPad Touch ID in the power button very nice but also saying Touch ID is just as good.

Security is an issue too with all that is happening law enforcement can put the phone in front of your face to unlock they can’t compel passcodes.

I would like to see it in the new iPhones but it will not happen although it would be better than the notch.

Goosinurwife

Dec 30, 2018
Visit site
so i was at the grocery store and i needed to get momey into the card i use to buy stuff well couldnt be done i had my mask on an couldnt take it off or remove it partly so the phone never recognized me so i need a phone with touch id now

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
so i was at the grocery store and i needed to get momey into the card i use to buy stuff well couldnt be done i had my mask on an couldnt take it off or remove it partly so the phone never recognized me so i need a phone with touch id now

Why not? I mean, why couldn’t you partly remove your mask to use FaceID? It’s only for a second. I do it all the time.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Why not? I mean, why couldn’t you partly remove your mask to use FaceID? It’s only for a second. I do it all the time.

Pro tip, just make sure there is no people facing you in a feet distance, otherwise I do agree with @Just_Me_D.

Is passcode ID not available in the case as well??

Now you remind me of it, yes it is. Not sure why she hasn’t used that though.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My phone unlocks with my mask on. It didn’t do it in the beginning of the pandemic but it finally learned my mask is just another “accessory” & unlocks when I look at my phone. I’m sure I’m not the only person this works for.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I don’t see why you couldn’t remove it or pull down your mask for just a moment?? I always pull mine down when using Apple Pay in stores.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone unlocks with my mask on. It didn’t do it in the beginning of the pandemic but it finally learned my mask is just another “accessory” & unlocks when I look at my phone. I’m sure I’m not the only person this works for.

Now this I’ve yet to experience. I tried to create an alternate look and it wouldn’t accept the mask.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have both across my iPad and iPhone 11 PM. FaceID is insanely fast on my phone and it's easily way faster and more useful than TouchID for me. I can use FaceID pretty much all the time (even when wearing a mask), Touch ID I need to have dry hands.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It doesn’t work for me but then I never trained my phone to accept it, so I assumed that it wouldn’t just work ‘out of the box.’

I always make sure I’m looking at my phone when I have my mask on & put in my passcode. Then one day it started unlocking for me. I wish it would work out the box, especially since this is the new normal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods