Had a couple times with issues with Face ID, but just the passcode so it hasn't been a big deal.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-20-2020 10:28 PM
    I have both across my iPad and iPhone 11 PM. FaceID is insanely fast on my phone and it's easily way faster and more useful than TouchID for me. I can use FaceID pretty much all the time (even when wearing a mask), Touch ID I need to have dry hands.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-21-2020 12:03 PM
    Now this I’ve yet to experience. I tried to create an alternate look and it wouldn’t accept the mask.
    Seems like unlocking with a mask on is random at best. Apple needs to work on that
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-23-2020 02:24 PM
    Seems like unlocking with a mask on is random at best. Apple needs to work on that
    It doesn’t work for me but then I never trained my phone to accept it, so I assumed that it wouldn’t just work ‘out of the box.’
    09-23-2020 02:28 PM
    It doesn’t work for me but then I never trained my phone to accept it, so I assumed that it wouldn’t just work ‘out of the box.’
    I always make sure I’m looking at my phone when I have my mask on & put in my passcode. Then one day it started unlocking for me. I wish it would work out the box, especially since this is the new normal.
    09-23-2020 02:39 PM
    They touted FaceId as the best thing to replace Touch ID and now we are back to saying we need both. No got used to Face ID yes the mask is an issue and apple fixed that by making the passcode pop up faster sure Touch ID would be helpful but isn’t it implied by Apple that the face was better than the fingerprint!
    kcox52692 likes this.
    10-16-2020 06:45 PM
    They touted FaceId as the best thing to replace Touch ID and now we are back to saying we need both. No got used to Face ID yes the mask is an issue and apple fixed that by making the passcode pop up faster sure Touch ID would be helpful but isn’t it implied by Apple that the face was better than the fingerprint!
    Actually in my opinion FaceID is better, but since some are wearing masks because of the pandemic both Face and Touch ID would be great. Unfortunately no one can predict the future, not even Apple.
    10-16-2020 07:12 PM
    Touch ID is pretty useless when wearing gloves. At least I can pull the mask down for a quick authentication with Face ID, can’t do the same with gloves and Touch ID.
    10-16-2020 11:29 PM
    Tried it with my XS, it does not know me,but shows keypad almost instantly.
    10-19-2020 09:02 AM
    Comparing Touch ID on my iPhone 6 and Face ID on XR, I like the latter more because it is way faster. However, I disagree with the named earlier disadvantage of Touch ID that it is pretty useless when wearing gloves because Face ID is useless too as you have to take them off anyways to touch the screen even after unlocking. So, during the pandemic, Touch ID is a little more useful since you don't have to take off your mask in a store in order to unlock it.
    10-22-2020 09:18 AM
    Comparing Touch ID on my iPhone 6 and Face ID on XR, I like the latter more because it is way faster. However, I disagree with the named earlier disadvantage of Touch ID that it is pretty useless when wearing gloves because Face ID is useless too as you have to take them off anyways to touch the screen even after unlocking. So, during the pandemic, Touch ID is a little more useful since you don't have to take off your mask in a store in order to unlock it.
    I definitely agree with this!!!
    Exchanil likes this.
    10-22-2020 09:22 AM
    My phone unlocks with my mask on. It didn’t do it in the beginning of the pandemic but it finally learned my mask is just another “accessory” & unlocks when I look at my phone. I’m sure I’m not the only person this works for.
    Wait what? With your mask covering your nose and mouth...so half of your face...your FaceID continues to work? Mine doesn’t at all. That said I’m not sure I want it to. Seems like a large security risk.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-22-2020 01:42 PM
    so i was at the grocery store and i needed to get momey into the card i use to buy stuff well couldnt be done i had my mask on an couldnt take it off or remove it partly so the phone never recognized me so i need a phone with touch id now
    Apple Pay also works with your passcode. Why wasn’t this an option for you?
    10-22-2020 01:45 PM
    Wait what? With your mask covering your nose and mouth...so half of your face...your FaceID continues to work? Mine doesn’t at all. That said I’m not sure I want it to. Seems like a large security risk.
    It works on the XS but not the 11 Pro. I don’t really see it as a security because I have to be looking at the screen for it to open. I’m not sure what I did different, as far as setting up the phones, but both devices are on the latest beta.
    10-22-2020 02:24 PM
89 ... 234