How Much Are You Willing To Pay For A 6.5" iPhone "X Plus"?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
People yelling the hardest that they won’t get a new device are the first ones in line, always and forever

The only time I was first in line (never stood in line for an iPhone) was for the first BlackBerry 10 phone. IF I buy a new phone I wait until the craziness dies down but generally I buy used. Best value for the money.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The only time I was first in line (never stood in line for an iPhone) was for the first BlackBerry 10 phone. IF I buy a new phone I wait until the craziness dies down but generally I buy used. Best value for the money.

There was a line for a BlackBerry 10 device?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That 6.5” mock-up is way too huge for me. I downsized last year from the 7Plus & 6S Plus to the X & 8 because it was like carrying bricks in my bag. I refuse to go back to that size.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After going OLED, I have no desire to go LCD, honestly. IMO, that'd be a downgrade and I wouldn't be interested in downgrading. The edge to edge screen of the X is plenty big for me. It seems as though it'd be uncomfortable to use an edge to edge screen that's any bigger. I won't be able to say for sure until I actually use one but at this point, I couldn't see it.

That’s where we differ. The display has never been a major factor for me with the iPhone because every one I’ve ever had looked absolutely amazing. The difference in displays, from *my* perspective is not as visible as it is on a MacBook.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I am not prepared to pay anything at all for a phone that could double as a bar tray ! I sadly have to upgrade this year as the audio jack in my 4s is getting a little wonky, but I’m going to wait ‘til September to see what might suit me, if nothing then will look for a discounted 8. I think prices are reaching their limit for most people.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I am not prepared to pay anything at all for a phone that could double as a bar tray ! I sadly have to upgrade this year as the audio jack in my 4s is getting a little wonky, but I’m going to wait ‘til September to see what might suit me, if nothing then will look for a discounted 8. I think prices are reaching their limit for most people.

To tell you the truth, if wireless charging isn't that important to you then you're better off saving more money by picking up a 7 instead.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
That’s where we differ. The display has never been a major factor for me with the iPhone because every one I’ve ever had looked absolutely amazing. The difference in displays, from *my* perspective is not as visible as it is on a MacBook.

Yea, Idk. I see the difference immediately when looking at my X compared to my wife's 8. Primarily the dark/black colors. I've always been a huge fan of the OLED look and I can definitely tell a difference.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Yea, Idk. I see the difference immediately when looking at my X compared to my wife's 8. Primarily the dark/black colors. I've always been a huge fan of the OLED look and I can definitely tell a difference.

I guess if you were watching videos a lot or doing a lot of photography it could make a difference.
To me it’s not worth spending the extra money.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I guess if you were watching videos a lot or doing a lot of photography it could make a difference.
To me it’s not worth spending the extra money.

I couldn’t imagine the ONLY difference between the upcoming models will be screen quality. But we will know soon enough. Though I would personally spend the extra money for OLED. I’ve been an OLED fan since my Android days with Samsung.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I couldn’t imagine the ONLY difference between the upcoming models will be screen quality. But we will know soon enough. Though I would personally spend the extra money for OLED. I’ve been an OLED fan since my Android days with Samsung.

Oh definitely. There will be other differences also.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
To tell you the truth, if wireless charging isn't that important to you then you're better off saving more money by picking up a 7 instead.

I agree, but really like the fast charge option with a higher powered charger and mini USB to lightning cable. Why ? because my battery always seems to be low when I need to go out !

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
ivanwi11iams;3[emoji646 said:
79696]Who on earth am I kidding? I will most certainly get a 'new' iPhone.
Just not sure which one yet. Albeit, I am now really use to the size of the X. From time to time I use my missus iPhone 7 Plus, and it feels HUGE...!

I came to the 6s Plus from the iPhone 5. The 6s Plus didn't feel huge to me. But the iPhone 5 suddenly felt really small. LOL

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
My 1149 iPhone X says I would but I’m on a 24/30 month payment plan and don’t plan on spending extra money to upgrade early. So I’ll be looking at the marked down 2018 XI Plus or 2019 Plus iPhone

swimbikemom2

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
I have the x and can’t wait for the Plus....I’m waiting to see how much the plus x is going to cost....if it’s more than I paid for my X I’m getting an iPhone 8 Plus ...I have a feeling the new model is going to be expensive... the x was totally not worth the
Price!!!!

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
How Much Are You Willing To Pay For A 6.5" iPhone "X Plus"?

I’m still on the fence. My wife took over my 8+ when her 6S+ suffered logic board failure. She didn’t want the X so I got it. I do like the size but I also have a One Plus 6 for my business line to get my Android fix. The size of the OP6 doesn’t bother me but sometimes it’s nice to have the smaller phone just for the ease of carrying when I’m not working. I’ll probably make my decision after the keynote. I can afford to make the switch so that’s not an issue for me personally. But I’m all honesty if money was an issue I would probably just keep the X. It’s still a great phone considering it’s a first generation phone. If the rumors are true about a dual sim option though that may force my hand and get me to ditch the OP6.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh