How Much Are You Willing To Pay For A 6.5" iPhone "X Plus"?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nah...yall were just talking about a $1500 phone! A PHONE...for $1500!! Sheesh. My last MacBook Pro purchase was around that price. I'll be d#@*@d if I spend $1,500 on a phone lol. Nah....I'll pass if that's what Apple's asking. Once you factor in AppleCare+ and a case...I'll be pushing $2,000...ON. A. PHONE!

Nah buddy...lol. I still got retirement to save for lol.

AMEN to that, and I can straight up tell you that I’m not paying $1,500 for an iPhone....Not happening! I know that buying my current iPhone X (256 GB) went against my previous stance, but I did consider returning it, before eventually deciding to keep it. Heck, if I opt to get the next iPhone, I’m not sure I’d be willing to pay what I paid for my iPhone X. Seriously!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Only reason I bought the 256 X was because I financed it through T-Mobile. I didn’t want to pay 1149 plus 199 Apple care plus. Way too much. So I put down payment with my carrier and pay $30 a month. Plus T-Mobile includes Apple care plus for free as long as you keep their insurance on it so I didn’t have to front the 199. I can’t imagine paying 1500 with AC for a phone up front.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
AMEN to that, and I can straight up tell you that I’m not paying $1,500 for an iPhone....Not happening! I know that buying my current iPhone X (256 GB) went against my previous stance, but I did consider returning it, before eventually deciding to keep it. Heck, if I opt to get the next iPhone, I’m not sure I’d be willing to pay what I paid for my iPhone X. Seriously!

Agreed. The X was a little above what I liked but I saw the evolution in the iPhone in this device. For me, it wasn't just another iPhone 6 with beefier internals. There was a substantial difference in this device from previous generations, IMO. I'm not sure Apple will offer something that revolutionizes the iPhone brand this year. So I'm not sure I can justify paying MORE than what I paid for the X.

Heck...I'm still sticking to my, "I'm not upgrading" guns anyway lol.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I think the comment that got me was “I’ll pay whatever they ask”.
No way, no how. Large corporations aren’t getting my money that easily.
I agree we all budget for what we need and can afford. While I can easily go out and get the next iPhone, I see nothing of value in doing so at least for the most expensive one. I have the 7 right now and it continues to work like a charm. I’ll look after the prices come out for the (supposedly) three new models, determine if they are of higher value to me than what I currently have and decide from there. It actually has less to do about money and more about value. I work hard for my money, I’m not giving it away.
My two cents.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As of right now, I'm not willing to pay anything for it. For me, that's too large of a size for an iPhone. The size of the iPhone X is about as large as I'm willing to buy these days.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the comment that got me was “I’ll pay whatever they ask”.
No way, no how. Large corporations aren’t getting my money that easily.
I agree we all budget for what we need and can afford. While I can easily go out and get the next iPhone, I see nothing of value in doing so at least for the most expensive one. I have the 7 right now and it continues to work like a charm. I’ll look after the prices come out for the (supposedly) three new models, determine if they are of higher value to me than what I currently have and decide from there. It actually has less to do about money and more about value. I work hard for my money, I’m not giving it away.
My two cents.

Agreed. I chuckled at “I’ll pay whatever they ask”.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
As of right now, I'm not willing to pay anything for it. For me, that's too large of a size for an iPhone. The size of the iPhone X is about as large as I'm willing to buy these days.

I LOVE the size of the X. I really can’t see going any larger.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You can’t see yourself going larger, but you will...

Although I can't 100% commit to not purchasing a new iPhone this year. I can say that I'm around 99% sure that I won't go larger. I loved my 7 Plus but it was uncomfortable to hold sometimes. I enjoy the comfort of my X. Anything larger, for me, just isn't desirable.

I say 99% because there's always that 1% chance that Apple releases a larger device with a feature that isn't included in the smaller versions that I just "NEED" to have lol.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I was just sitting here saying to myself that I wish my IPhone X had the same screen size as the 8 plus! Lord knows I can't afford another phone any time soon!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I might be willing to pay $700 for a new iPhone this year if I feel it is of value to me. Might not be a 2018 model but that matters little.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Although I can't 100% commit to not purchasing a new iPhone this year. I can say that I'm around 99% sure that I won't go larger. I loved my 7 Plus but it was uncomfortable to hold sometimes. I enjoy the comfort of my X. Anything larger, for me, just isn't desirable.

I say 99% because there's always that 1% chance that Apple releases a larger device with a feature that isn't included in the smaller versions that I just "NEED" to have lol.

Any consideration for the 6.1" LCD model? There would be trade offs, but would afford a larger screen, yet still comfy to hold.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Any consideration for the 6.1" LCD model? There would be trade offs, but would afford a larger screen, yet still comfy to hold.

After going OLED, I have no desire to go LCD, honestly. IMO, that'd be a downgrade and I wouldn't be interested in downgrading. The edge to edge screen of the X is plenty big for me. It seems as though it'd be uncomfortable to use an edge to edge screen that's any bigger. I won't be able to say for sure until I actually use one but at this point, I couldn't see it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR