How Much Are You Willing To Pay For A 6.5" iPhone "X Plus"?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Your gonna pay $1,500+ for an iPhone? It'll be that much for the 256gb X Plus with AppleCare+, a decent case, and taxes.

Humm, short answer YES I would. That's what I want so if it cost that much or more...I will own it. The End...PERIOD. I'm more curious about you Ledsteplin, You've had three years to save for a new iPhone (you knew this day was coming) and why are you worried about cost. You have to realize that not only has the economy changed in three years but so has technology along with prices. You didn't really expect to pay the same for a new iPhone as you did three years ago...did you? Is it such a surprise that people would pay that much for what they want?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Humm, short answer YES I would. That's what I want so if it cost that much or more...I will own it. The End...PERIOD. I'm more curious about you Ledsteplin, You've had three years to save for a new iPhone (you knew this day was coming) and why are you worried about cost. You have to realize that not only has the economy changed in three years but so has technology along with prices. You didn't really expect to pay the same for a new iPhone as you did three years ago...did you? Is it such a surprise that people would pay that much for what they want?

In life, there's often more with a higher priority than a very expensive iPhone. I'll upgrade, but I won't be paying $1,500 for it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
In life, there's often more with a higher priority than a very expensive iPhone. I'll upgrade, but I won't be paying $1,500 for it.

Aaaah, the old life lessons speech. Yes, I do agree with there are priorities in life, but I don't use that as an excuse when I've had ample time to prepare. To be honest a smartphone is not a priority but you have one.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Aaaah, the old life lessons speech. Yes, I do agree with there are priorities in life, but I don't use that as an excuse when I've had ample time to prepare. To be honest a smartphone is not a priority but you have one.

No excuses, just facts. I do what fits my budget. And what little I can save, goes to things with a higher priority than a $1,500 iPhone. It is a priority, just lower on the totem pole than other things going in my life. I'm thinking seriously of just getting a new battery in my 6s Plus and call it a day. I do want all that moji stuff though. LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No excuses, just facts. I do what fits my budget. And what little I can save, goes to things with a higher priority than a $1,500 iPhone. It is a priority, just lower on the totem pole than other things going in my life. I'm thinking seriously of just getting a new battery in my 6s Plus and call it a day. I do want all that moji stuff though. LOL

This is true. Everyone's budget and priorities are indeed different. As a matter of fact my priorities have recently changed and it seems that priorities change on a rotation basis. Depending on the time frame something that was priority might go lower on the list during any particular payday or month. However I don't turn my nose up (so to speak) to those who decide to purchase Apple products no matter the cost. It is none of my business how someone else chooses to spend their money or what they choose to call a priority. Once again YES, I do plan on spending a large sum of money for the next iPhone because that's what I want and I've prioritized my budget to do so. You just don't go out and buy a home or car, most people prioritize their budget to do so.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
How Much Are You Willing To Pay For A 6.5" iPhone "X Plus"?

The total size of the 6.5" model is the same size as the 8 Plus. Only the screen is edge to edge like the X. My 6s Plus (same size as 8 Plus) fits my pockets fine. But I don't wear tight jeans.
Here's a comparison between the 8 Plus vs the X Plus.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180725/892de0c6fb29c9cc5776163e54f47196.jpg
Credit: @VenyaGeskin1 on Twitter

I wear carpenter pants just to put the phone in the right leg pocket. I had trouble with the 8 plus so I returned it and got the X. I personally don’t see a reason for ME to upgrade this year.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is true. Everyone's budget and priorities are indeed different. As a matter of fact my priorities have recently changed and it seems that priorities change on a rotation basis. Depending on the time frame something that was priority might go lower on the list during any particular payday or month. However I don't turn my nose up (so to speak) to those who decide to purchase Apple products no matter the cost. It is none of my business how someone else chooses to spend their money or what they choose to call a priority. Once again YES, I do plan on spending a large sum of money for the next iPhone because that's what I want and I've prioritized my budget to do so. You just don't go out and buy a home or car, most people prioritize their budget to do so.

Who said anything about turning their nose up at others? I speak for myself. I'm happy you can save for a very expensive iPhone and can put it up high on your priority totem pole. Mine is not like yours.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Who said anything about turning their nose up at others? I speak for myself. I'm happy you can save for a very expensive iPhone and can put it up high on your priority totem pole. Mine is not like yours.

I was looking for a comment you made in group, but then I remembered that "what is said in group stays in group"...LOL (Like Las Vegas). Maybe I'm mistake but it seems like you think anyone that pays more than what your iPhone 6s plus cost is crazy and that may be true...LOL. Even when you quoted my post about paying $1,500 for the next iPhone, it seemed as though you thought that was ridiculous ...which it probably is, but it's what I want to do with MY money.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was looking for a comment you made in group, but then I remembered that "what is said in group stays in group"...LOL (Like Las Vegas). Maybe I'm mistake but it seems like you think anyone that pays more than what your iPhone 6s plus cost is crazy and that may be true...LOL. Even when you quoted my post about paying $1,500 for the next iPhone, it seemed as though you thought that was ridiculous ...which it probably is, but it's what I want to do with MY money.

Ahh, I think it was something you said about not upgrading this time. You were going to keep your current iPhone another year. But you say that every year, then upgrade. LOL

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Not sure. If I get the X Plus, it'll likely be the 64 gb or whatever the lowest is. Like to keep it at $1,000.

Ah okay. You will get the most advanced version of the iPhone, but with lowest storage. That actually makes sense to me.
There is this big fella I know, so if you get anything less than the flagship model, I’ll have him beat you.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ah okay. You will get the most advanced version of the iPhone, but with lowest storage. That actually makes sense to me.
There is this big fella I know, so if you get anything less than the flagship model, I’ll have him beat you.

LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
WOW. We're having a discussion about $1,000+ iPhones, who would have ever bought one of these 4/5 years ago...LOL

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
WOW. We're having a discussion about $1,000+ iPhones, who would have ever bought one of these 4/5 years ago...LOL

Nah...yall were just talking about a $1500 phone! A PHONE...for $1500!! Sheesh. My last MacBook Pro purchase was around that price. I'll be d#@*@d if I spend $1,500 on a phone lol. Nah....I'll pass if that's what Apple's asking. Once you factor in AppleCare+ and a case...I'll be pushing $2,000...ON. A. PHONE!

Nah buddy...lol. I still got retirement to save for lol.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Nah...yall were just talking about a $1500 phone! A PHONE...for $1500!! Sheesh. My last MacBook Pro purchase was around that price. I'll be d#@*@d if I spend $1,500 on a phone lol. Nah....I'll pass if that's what Apple's asking. Once you factor in AppleCare+ and a case...I'll be pushing $2,000...ON. A. PHONE!

Nah buddy...lol. I still got retirement to save for lol.

I guess he meant the total price of that phone would be around $1500, with tax and AppleCare+. But I may be wrong.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR