Fast Charging Included in the Box

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It should have been included this last year. Apple needs to ditch lightning altogether though and just go USB-C.

Way easier said than done for most users. I own approximately 1 billion lightning cables and exactly zero things that a USB-C cable can be plugged into. If I couldn’t use CarPlay to and from my office every day it would be a travesty.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Way easier said than done for most users. I own approximately 1 billion lightning cables and exactly zero things that a USB-C cable can be plugged into. If I couldn’t use CarPlay to and from my office every day it would be a travesty.

Nay nay, I'm saying on the phone itself. The lightning port should be USB-C. I would hope Apple would include a USB-C to USB-A cable in the box. If not, a generic USB-C to USB-A cable is pretty cheap. So you would still be able to use CarPlay.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Nay nay, I'm saying on the phone itself. The lightning port should be USB-C. I would hope Apple would include a USB-C to USB-A cable in the box. If not, a generic USB-C to USB-A cable is pretty cheap. So you would still be able to use CarPlay.

Well that’s not so bad then and, to be honest, the only time I actually plug my phone into anything is in my car. Everywhere else I have Qi chargers.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it good be good news for some if the rumor is true, but heck, I charge my iPhone overnight while I'm asleep so it's really not an issue for me. Besides, I get great battery life with my devices....:cool:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The problem with USB-C is standards though. Only certain USB-C headphones work with certain phones, and using the wrong USB-C cable for charging can damage some devices.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...gle-pixel-2-earbuds-dongle-xiaomi-usb-c-price
https://www.androidcentral.com/usb-c-problem-isnt-going-away-anytime-soon

I don’t care much about USB-C. I even don’t have USB3 ports on my computer, let alone USB-C.
Having said that, I think Apple should stay with they’re own proprietary Lightning ports till kingdom come. It’s so much easier and less fragile then every other standard I know of, even USB-C.

Plus I have a gajillion Lightning cables at home and don’t want to get other cables anytime soon.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I’m sure they would include a dongle LOL!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal