Who thinks the iPad mini 5 will be released in 2018?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Who thinks iPad mini 5 will be released in 2018

All indications say no- many think the mini 4 will be the last. I personally hope they are wrong. I would love a mini pro. That said- the 4 is a great device. Buy and enjoy

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

It is a possibility. As phreddyl said, a Mini Pro would be nice.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

All indications say no- many think the mini 4 will be the last. I personally hope they are wrong. I would love a mini pro. That said- the 4 is a great device. Buy and enjoy

I agree with this, but we’ll find out soon enough....

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I don’t think Apple is going to refresh the Mini... I still have a Mini 4 (used by my younger son), and it still is a great device, but the battery started to wear off a little bit (I’m at 84% health according to several apps).
I don’t know ... but I’m probably going to have the battery serviced (it’s abou 110€ here in Italy... an high price for a 3 years old device)

Gadgetgirl38

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I think building on the PRO series is more of a priority for them. Somehow we went from small/mini devices to big is where it's at.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Considering that it has been almost 2.5 years since they updated the mini, I think it’s safe to say it’s very unlikely. It would be nice to even just give it a spec bump so the few whom remain loyal to the small iPad so they can upgrade to some new internals.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
All I know is I spent the last 5 days in bed with the flu and my mini was my device of choice. Bigger than my phone and lighter than my iPad Pro.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
All I know is I spent the last 5 days in bed with the flu and my mini was my device of choice. Bigger than my phone and lighter than my iPad Pro.

This has been my life for the past few days. Sick in bed with the flu & my mini I still haven’t upgraded from the 2🤷🏾*♀️ Maybe I’ll get a new one when they decide to EOL the mini 4 or if they release something smaller than 9.7”.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
This has been my life for the past few days. Sick in bed with the flu & my mini I still haven’t upgraded from the 2🤷🏾*♀️ Maybe I’ll get a new one when they decide to EOL the mini 4 or if they release something smaller than 9.7”.

Hope you are feeling better!

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I really wish they did. I wanted them to do what they did to the 10.5 kinda. Keep the body size but reduce bezels as much as they can with Touch ID.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
At least Apple should just update the SoC and up the RAM quantity! It would not be expensive for Apple to do and their Mini sales will zoom again. No need to make it with bezel less and face id like the iPhone X and upgraded camera.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro