Will Apple make an iPhone 8S next year?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Something occurred to me while replying in a different thread. Typically, the S model iPhone is an internal upgrade from the numbered model whereas the numbered model brings new internals and a new design. With that in mind, if Apple introduces an iPhone 8S next fall, will it still have the bezels and the fingerprint scanner? What are your thoughts about it?

Last edited:

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I guess they will go all in and ditch that badly aging faceplate, like almost all other companies are doing. Maybe they should keep a smaller version of the X with slightly less features (like no wireless charging) and a competitive price. Don’t know bout the name, it’s confusing.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Depends on what you mean by 8s. I see all iPhones going to the same design as this year's X model. If not next year, then in 2019. When may depend on availability of the oled screens.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Who knows? I don’t understand Apple’s naming conventions anymore. I’ll reiterate my thought from other threads that Apple will completely do away with numbers. So we’ll have three models released in 2018: iPhone, iPhone Plus and iPhone X. Much like Apple has done with most of their other devices we’ll simply have a new iteration of each model (i.e. 2018 iPhone X).

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This year really confused me on what Apple would do in the future years. They seemed to create a completely differently product line with the X. I honestly don’t see them continuing the 8 line. I see them going all in with the X once they get that device figured out from a design perspective. Really couldn’t see many more phones from Apple with the same design as the 6/6 Plus.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple says it all in their ad!
"Say hello to the future"
I don't think that means only one device. It's where the iPhone is going with all size options, except maybe the SE.

c9960456a40f94d082daea95dd65bbb8.jpg

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Something occurred to me while replying in a different thread. Typically, the S model iPhone is an internal upgrade from the numbered model whereas the numbered model brings new internals and a new design. With that in mind, if Apple introduces an iPhone 8S next fall, will it still have the bezels and the fingerprint scanner? What are your thoughts about it?

I hope it does. That’s the one I’ll get.

It’s been what....four months?.....and I still HATE. THAT. NOTCH.

I don’t regret the purchase because it was a first generation device so I’ll keep it and won’t pass it down to family in September. But I REALLY don’t like it.

My 8 Plus is my baby. If there’s another in that style then that’s what I’ll get, even if it doesn’t have the latest and greatest features.

NOT into the X.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2