A DUAL Sim Iphone: will It ever happen?

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I am using 2 iphones: A 5s as my daily driver and a 6s plus issued from the company i work for. I love both models but there are days I sometimes wish to carry only 1 iphone instead of two. Do you think Apple will create a dual sim iphone?

Your thoughts on this?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Dual-sim phones have been on the market for over 10 years now and I personally don’t think Apple will implement this feature.
One phone with dual SIM card capabilities is one iPhone less sold by Apple. Therefore introducing such feature will only lead to fewer sold iPhones.

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Dual-sim phones have been on the market for over 10 years now and I personally don’t think Apple will implement this feature.
One phone with dual SIM card capabilities is one iPhone less sold by Apple. Therefore introducing such feature will only lead to fewer sold iPhones.

Yeah! I get the point on the business side. Sad but its something that i believe a number of ios users will love to have. IMO

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
With the introduction of Messenger calling, FaceTime and other voice services, I think the need for dual sim will ebb away in a few years.

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
With the introduction of Messenger calling, FaceTime and other voice services, I think the need for dual sim will ebb away in a few years.

Well, one benefit i see with having 2 sims in a phone is the luxury of carrying only one phone. Also, some users prefer a specific feature in a certain carrier compared to others.

For example, in my place, one carrier provides better call ans sms package while another provides better internet speed. So for me having my SIM 1 slot for the call and text features and SIM 2 for my data use seem favorable for me.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The problem with carrying one dual sim phone is that it makes it more difficult to "turn off" when on holiday.
I want my time off to be completely off work. Leaving my work phone behind while on holiday allows me to do just that.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The problem with carrying one dual sim phone is that it makes it more difficult to "turn off" when on holiday.
I want my time off to be completely off work. Leaving my work phone behind while on holiday allows me to do just that.

One can remove the work sim and leave it at home.
Another advantage of a dual sim is on trips out of country, where I buy a local sim for data usage/outgoing calls and use my home number for incoming calls.
Since the dual sim requirement is not so high in USA as compared to Asia, Apple is oblivious.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It's a waste of space in my opinion. And I don't think Apple will implement this onto their iPhone but who knows.. they just might :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2